• r44712
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Feb 2016 23:55 #19 by r44712
Hi,

I'm back and a little confused....

I'm no closer to knowing why I cannot access the V130's Web Configuration Page (and Stats) than I was earlier. I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but this topic seems to have turned into a discussion about what statistics are/aren't available, other than some other posts saying "what's your problem, I put xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx into my web browser and off I go...."?

So to re-iterate my original question, how do I get to the Web Configuration Page, behind a WAN Port? Thanks in advance for any valuable input!

I'm actually wondering as it's acting as a Bridge, it doesn't actually have an IP at all? I could be talking nonsense (thought everything on a network *had* to have an IP), but a tracert to a website is always 192.168.1.1, followed by what can only be described as my ISP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
14 Feb 2016 11:19 #20 by adrianh54

r44712 wrote: Hi,

I'm back and a little confused....

I'm no closer to knowing why I cannot access the V130's Web Configuration Page (and Stats) than I was earlier ..........

I'm actually wondering as it's acting as a Bridge, it doesn't actually have an IP at all? I could be talking nonsense (thought everything on a network *had* to have an IP), but a tracert to a website is always 192.168.1.1, followed by what can only be described as my ISP?

Having read the Netgear User Manual I don't think you will be able to access the Vigor stats via the Netgear , typically though the images and information are vague.

The Vigor is a gateway and the IP is 192.168.2.1, your router will always be what you see on a traceroute .

If you were using a combined modem router would be the same, the modem is the gateway, the router is what routes the connection.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
16 Feb 2016 18:55 #21 by fchef
I think Draytek deserver some congrats for being the only company that supports viewing dsl stats from compatible bridge modems.
sneak peek

I don't think you will ever see such thing in competitor products

• clarkyjp
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2016 19:22 #22 by clarkyjp
I had exactly the same issue and managed to access the vigor 130 stats web page.

I have an asus ac3200 router running Merlin firmware, this allowed me to add a sub interface onto the wan port on the same subnet as the management IP address of the vigor 130.

This was done via the cli and not the web interface but this should work on any device if you can create a sub interface.

I posted the steps on the small net builders forum if you want the steps on asus.

Thanks