DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT SIN 498 firmware?

• mpattman
  • User
  • User
More
03 Mar 2016 16:47 #7 by mpattman
Replied by mpattman on topic Re: BT SIN 498 firmware?
Based on the information in this thread it looks like the approved version should be "Vigor2860_v3.8.2.2-03v_en.zip" with modem code 576d17_572801 & 574307_571801.

Some clarification from Draytek UK would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
03 Mar 2016 22:30 #8 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: BT SIN 498 firmware?
Now running 3.8.2.2_VT2

Firmware showing as 05-07-04-03-00-07 (574307_A/B/C HW: A)

Draytek shows Vector 2 as recommended both on the .co.uk and also .com websites, although the release notes still show Vector 1 as recommended (they haven't been updated obviously).

If BT require SIN-498 wouldn't the recommendation change to the version containing this ?

Can anyone who is running Vector 3 version please post their firmware version ?

It's odd that nothing is mentioned in the release notes, particularly in view of the other publicity regarding compliance.

The only change I can see in the release notes is the removal of Support ZenMate VPN service between 3.8.2.1 and 3.8.2.2 otherwise identical new features & corrections , so this release possibly is not what we are waiting for ?

More
04 Mar 2016 09:34 #9 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: BT SIN 498 firmware?
The SIN498 firmware will be specifically called SIN498 firmware; matching the modem code is not sufficient. It's not available yet, but should be soon. I understand they have to merge the approved code with current build and then run it through QC which couldn't be done until they got their certificate.

Forum Administrator

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2016 09:43 #10 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: BT SIN 498 firmware?
...but haven't they got that now, its all over their website?
http://www.draytek.co.uk/information/our-technology/bt-sin-498

More
04 Mar 2016 14:37 #11 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: BT SIN 498 firmware?
Yes, they have the certificate so now they can go and built/test the firmware based on the latest build. The BT testing was done some time last year so it's a few releases behind.

Forum Administrator

• maxwellhadley
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2016 23:02 #12 by maxwellhadley
Replied by maxwellhadley on topic Re: BT SIN 498 firmware?
Well - I've 'upgraded' my 2860ac to the 3.8.2.2 Vector 3 firmware, and although it has fixed many bugs, some of which I had already encountered, it has had a disastrous effect on synch speed. With 3.8.2 vector 2, I was getting between 4.9 and 5.6 Mb/s (yes, this is a VDSL2 line, just a long one). Now I am only getting about 3.6 Mb/s. Is this a bug, or was the previous modem code doing something naughty to achieve its speed? I'm strongly tempted to switch over to vector 2, since it seems to be still available.