DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 Date & Time

More
12 Sep 2016 11:59 #13 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
In other markets the 130 has routing capability. http://www.draytekusa.com/vigor-130 As supplied in the UK it doesn't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2016 12:16 #14 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
Yes, I know...but we're in the UK and this is the UK forum so I'm wondering why he'd need to set the time.

Forum Administrator

More
12 Sep 2016 15:40 #15 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
I thought I was answering jedi98's query about the dashboard display :-)

More
12 Sep 2016 20:17 #16 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time

Piste Basher wrote: In other markets the 130 has routing capability.

Ah, thanks, that makes a little more sense of it.

More
15 Sep 2016 10:24 #17 by robbiett
Replied by robbiett on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time

admin wrote:

RobbieTT wrote: As a few months have gone by has a fix been found / implemented for this? I can see the setting in the user manual but the current GUI still does not have the option listed.

Why would you need the setting?

User Guide : http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/userguides/Vigor130-QuckStartGuide.zip

Ah the chicken vs egg argument. Well in this case the date and time setting came first and is displayed to the end-user by DrayTek. But it is wrong and needs fixing - we are not asking for a new nebulous or niche feature here, just a fix for one that got broken along the way. By way of comparison the production time of the firmware build is displayed down to the nearest second.

As to my use, well I tend to take snapshots of my configurations during configuration changes. Unfortunately any grabs from the Vigor show the incorrect time and date.

But I suspect that you really know that most things in computing and networking are all based against a time reference for logging purposes as I see that you have used the response above before.

Anyway, the modem has the ability to broadcast its status to a router, so hopefully there is a desire to make it all work correctly. Likewise for the WAN1 (showing disconnected) and the VDSL/PPPoE showing zero uptime. It all makes the GUI feel a little unfinished:

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2016 15:31 #18 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
The Wan1 IS disconnected . The unit is configured as a modem in Pure Bridge mode .

The Vigor 130 supplied in other countries has the full firmware and operates as a modem/router , then the GUI would be showing those stats.

The GUI is reporting exactly as DrayTek intended.