DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 Date & Time

More
15 Sep 2016 16:42 #19 by robbiett
Replied by robbiett on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
Surely if DrayTek didn't want the time to show they would have deleted it from the GUI?

Either way, it adds a layer of confusion for the end user that could be fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2016 20:12 #20 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time

RobbieTT wrote: But it is wrong and needs fixing - we are not asking for a new nebulous or niche feature here

It only needs fixing for aesthetic reasons IMHO. It's not "broken", there's just no facility to set it...

RobbieTT wrote: By way of comparison the production time of the firmware build is displayed down to the nearest second.

I don't see the comparison/relevant.

As to my use, well I tend to take snapshots of my configurations during configuration changes.

How much configuration do you do to a Vigor130..and how often do you change it...that's most unusual
but wouldn't you set the filename of the grab...that's normal surely ?

you really know that most things in computing and networking are all based against a time reference for logging purposes

The Vigor 130 does not log.

Anyway, the modem has the ability to broadcast its status to a router

Not the time.

I agree the time should be removed if it's not settable, just for tidiness, but I don't know why you care so much :-)

Forum Administrator

More
16 Sep 2016 11:16 #21 by robbiett
Replied by robbiett on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time

admin wrote: It's not "broken", there's just no facility to set it...

The Vigor 130 does not log.

I agree the time should be removed if it's not settable, just for tidiness, but I don't know why you care so much :-)

I'm not exactly a prolific poster and I really didn't expect the forum style, when I enquire about getting a feature to work, to be that of having to justify why I want it to work, to be told that it not working is by design, that there is no way to set it and that those that wish for such a feature are somehow deficient.

To be honest I am staggered that you spend so much of your time trying to undermine and deflect an otherwise simple enquiry from end-users. Did I wrong you in a previous life or do you just like the forum to be a difficult or prickly place to be?

Anyway, for the sake of posterity if nothing else my desire is that something akin to the following is (re)instated to the Vigor 130:

As an aside for anyone wanting the Vigor 130 to log, the logs can be viewed by typing log into the web console:

Unfortunately the logs are somewhat undermined by the absence of a working clock....

I fear for any forum member's sanity if they need help, advice or support from those that run the board. From an end-user's perspective this has been made more difficult than it should be.

More
18 Sep 2016 08:21 #22 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
It's a discussion forum; if you want Q&A, contact DrayTek support.

n.b. the manual you have is not for the UK bridge model.

Forum Administrator

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
19 Sep 2016 06:09 #23 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 Date & Time
Your problem is that you will not listen to, or accept the answers you have been given.

The UK version of the Vigor 130 is a modem and runs as expected. Modems do not log and in most manufacturers cases don't provide any form of stats , there is no need for time stamps.

You repeatedly bang on about "WAN" ..... you are not connected via "WAN" so obviously the modem correctly shows WAN as off / disconnected , you are using a LAN port on this model ( it even tells you this on the back of the unit, your lead is plugged into the LAN port).