Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2017 18:58 #1 by bigshorty
Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router was created by bigshorty
Hello All

I recently acquired a Vigor 130 and it's working really well and giving me the fastest sync speeds of any equipment I have tried before on my fibre broadband connection. However, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if its possible to access the modems GUI through my router, and how I go about doing it. I'm not the most technically minded person, so if it can be done, then I would really appreciate a dummys guide to setting it up.

My current configuration consists of the Vigor 130 (IP 192.168.2.1) connected to an Asus DSL-AC68U (IP 192.168.1.1) that is in ethernet WAN mode. As I said, this configuration is working really well, but I would like the ability to be able to see my line stats without having to drop my internet connection. If it can't be done then I'll have to do it the hard way messing around with ethernet cables (not much hardship I know, more of a hassle), but I'm hoping someone might have a solution they are willing to share with me. I have had a look around the internet, but couldn't find anything useful myself.

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any thoughts, help or advice they can give me concerning this.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2017 06:36 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
I don't think it will do what you want on a DSL model router. If you had the RT-AC68U it would be automatically set with a standard configuration.

Try calling 192.168.2.1 from your browser you'll either get the Draytek GUI or "page not found".

More
09 Feb 2017 08:26 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
And, admittedly unhelpful, but if you say the line and connection is great, stop worrying! Even if it drops from 80mb/s to 70mb/s on night, who's going to notice!

Forum Administrator

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
09 Feb 2017 21:27 #4 by bigshorty
Replied by bigshorty on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router

admin wrote: And, admittedly unhelpful, but if you say the line and connection is great, stop worrying! Even if it drops from 80mb/s to 70mb/s on night, who's going to notice!

Certainly a valid point!

Just one other thing, will the Vigor 130 allow input of PPPoE details to access the internet or do these details need to be entered into the router it is connected to? I'm not that clued up with technical stuff.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

More
09 Feb 2017 21:34 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
All goes into the router. Normally you set nothing up on the Vigor 130.

Forum Administrator

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2017 11:25 #6 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
I found I needed to tweak some of the settings on the 130 to get it to work with Sky.

As I have my 130 connected to a 2925, I vlan'd ports 3, 4 & 5 onto vlan1

130 -> 2925 port 4
2925 port 5 -> 2925 WAN 1
2925 port 6 -> spare cable to plug into laptop when I need to check on the 130

2925 ports 1, 2, 3 vlan0 and linked to ssid0 and ssid1