DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2017 11:50 #7 by bigshorty
Replied by bigshorty on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router

mbames wrote: I found I needed to tweak some of the settings on the 130 to get it to work with Sky.

As I have my 130 connected to a 2925, I vlan'd ports 3, 4 & 5 onto vlan1

130 -> 2925 port 4
2925 port 5 -> 2925 WAN 1
2925 port 6 -> spare cable to plug into laptop when I need to check on the 130

2925 ports 1, 2, 3 vlan0 and linked to ssid0 and ssid1

Thanks so much for giving me those settings tweaks, unfortunately I'm not that technically minded, so was hoping you'd be kind enough to do a brief, simpletons guide on how to enter these settings for me please? I'd be very grateful if you could!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2017 13:42 #8 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
My suggestion would only work if your Asus DSL-AC68U supports vlans in a similar way. Another option is to drop a 4port switch into the equation between the 130 and your router.

More
10 Feb 2017 13:55 #9 by pawhe955
Replied by pawhe955 on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
I basically did the same as mbames, but possibly more simply(?) with a spare bit of kit - a 5-port Gigabit switch:
- Ethernet cable V130 to Switch
- Ethernet cable Switch to WAN port of Router
- Ethernet cable Switch to one of the LAN ports on the Router
- Set the V130 IP address to be a static IP address from the LAN subnet
I can access the V130's GUI straight from any device on my LAN, to view line stats and line status (and get to the CLI).

I know that this has been covered elsewhere (can't recall this forum or others) - but it still bugs me that Draytek have gone to the trouble of getting the V130 to produce and store event logs, but haven't gone to the trouble of properly implementing NTP so that the log events are timestamped: I wanted to be able to quickly send evidence to my ISP of regular but intermittent line drops as recorded by the device terminating the line - the V130 (as opposed to the connection drops logged by the router, which could be blamed on the router) - but have to use Excel to calculate the actual date/time from the offset from boot time (in HH:MM:SS) that the V130 uses for it's logs... oh well. Rant over :)

Still a good bit of kit....

(** Edit: mbames must have posted whilst I was typing...! )

DrayTek V130 | Asus RT-AC88U | Plusnet ADSL

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2017 16:28 #10 by bigshorty
Replied by bigshorty on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
Thank you for the guide, much appreciated. That'll be extremely useful and I hope to implement it very soon, as I do want to keep an eye on my line stats as I also seem to be getting quite frequent, random line dropouts, but need evidence that it is actually the line and not my network configuration.

Something else I wanted to run by you helpful lot, I've noticed my Vigor 130s GUI only has the following setting options down the left side of the interface:

Online Status
Internet Access
LAN
System Maintenance
Diagnostic

From looking at some images on the internet of others Vigor 130s GUI, I seem to have a few less options than the one's that I have seen. Could anyone confirm that these are the only options that should be available to me, or whether I am indeed missing some options, and how to remedy this, if in fact I can. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Just so you know, firmware installed is the latest version.

More
10 Feb 2017 17:01 #11 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
The 130 as sold in the UK is a modem only. In other markets it may be a basic router, which could account for the different screen shots you are seeing.

More
07 Mar 2017 09:32 #12 by apotts
Replied by apotts on topic Re: Accessing Vigor 130 GUI Through Router
You can do this without hardware.

Install Asus Merlin firmware on your router. It's just tweaked and improved Asus firmware - and do a factory reset and manually re-enter settings after the upgrade.
Use this guide to set ip addresses: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Access-modem-Web-UI-on-WAN-port-(no-script)

It then just works. I use the same addresses on my network as shown in that wiki. So my Asus is on 192.168.1.1, and yet when I go to 192.168.0.1 my Vigor 130 page appears like magic.