Draytek support response time

• ollywood
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2017 16:45 #1 by ollywood
Draytek support response time was created by ollywood
The Draytek support response time seems to be pretty slow. What time zone are the .co.uk support people based ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 17:31 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek support response time
UK; they should normally reply within 24 hours but I guess if they are very busy it may take longer.
There has been a spike recently because of all of the new f/w.

Forum Administrator

• ollywood
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2017 21:19 #3 by ollywood
Replied by ollywood on topic Re: Draytek support response time
2 days now since i sent the router configs and additional test results without a response or acknowledgement that they have been received or anything is being done !

Would be better if the email only support system had an online portal that provided feed back as to what Draytek support were doing in relation to a support case.

2 * 3900 routers plus other draytek products are not cheap and would be good to have better support than this.

If Draytek are having issues and are under staffed maybe they should employ more technical support staff from all the money they are making selling their products.

Support is just as important as the product it is for !

More
11 Feb 2017 10:34 #4 by admin

ollywood wrote: Would be better if the email only support system had an online portal that provided feed back as to what Draytek support were doing in relation to a support case.

What would you expect it to say right now? "Email received, awaiting reply..." - can't you guess that ? If you need to chase, email to info@draytek.co.uk
in case a reply has been lost.

If Draytek are having issues and are under staffed maybe they should employ more technical support staff

You think technicians don't take months to train so they can just magically be employed next day?

from all the money they are making selling their products.

Well, I guess you know more about how much money they make, but seeing as factory prices have risen 20% due to you voting for Brexit, I don't see 20% rise in prices to you, so it works both ways...

Forum Administrator

• ollywood
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Feb 2017 17:20 #5 by ollywood
Replied by ollywood on topic Re: Draytek support response time
I don't know who you are, but you seem to be rather rude, offensive and aggressive to Draytek CUSTOMERS when they are raising genuine concerns about product issues, security issues, support issues etc. You need to go to a school for people with anger management problems ! Do you work for Draytek directly as you don't do them any favours with your attitude.

"What would you expect it to say right now? "Email received, awaiting reply..." - can't you guess that ? If you need to chase, email to info@draytek.co.uk in case a reply has been lost."

How about we have received your email(s) and the envisaged turn around time is ..... or we are trying to recreate the issue you had.... or we are aware of this issue and we are looking for a fix.... or please proved more information regards the issue raised... etc.

"You think technicians don't take months to train so they can just magically be employed next day?"

Depends how you run a business: JIT or plan ahead based on your sales figures. More products and product ranges result in more support requirements.

"Well, I guess you know more about how much money they make, but seeing as factory prices have risen 20% due to you voting for Brexit, I don't see 20% rise in prices to you, so it works both ways..."

The UK is still currently in the EU and will be until separation takes place if/when it does, so the above statement is rubbish. So please explain why have your production costs risen by 20% or is this a random figure that happens to be the same as UK VAT ? Are your factories in the EU or else where in the world ? You have also made a statement that you know nothing about: which way I voted !

More
13 Feb 2017 12:05 #6 by admin
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, but you made all sorts of assertions which ad no basis other than your own frustration and anger. If they haven't replied then it's probably because they haven't got to your email yet - they don't work on it continuously.

ollywood wrote: The UK is still currently in the EU and will be until separation takes place if/when it does, so the above statement is rubbish. So please explain why have your production costs risen by 20%

Okay... In the UK, you operate in Sterling. Since the Brexit vote, Sterling has devalued by 20% (or more at times), therefore import denominated in other currencies, notably USD, cost 20% more than they did as a result of you (the British) voting that way. Unless some deal/arrangement is made with EU regulations, you can expect prices to rise further when manufacturers have to comply with individual UK regulation in addition to the normal homgenised EU regulations/legislation.

You say that's rubbish without providing any facts...I provided the facts. Who's right ?

Forum Administrator