Draytek support response time

• ollywood
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Feb 2017 14:36 #7 by ollywood
Replied by ollywood on topic Re: Draytek support response time
I am like all other customers on this forum, interested in getting solutions and/or answers to issues/faults with the products we have paid good money for.

You would normally assume that if a product is advertised with a feature, this feature works and has been thoroughly tried and tested before release or when firmware is changed and checked for functionality and interoperability with other features etc.

If the support was as quick as you are at responding to posts in this forum then I would'nt have raised this post in the first place.

Regarding the 20% I am not going to bother responding to your post as it is detracting from the main reason of the post which was speed of response of support for draytek products !

If you do work for Draytek and by the sounds of it are port of their support team, how long is the average response and turn around time for raised issues through the email support system ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2017 15:00 #8 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek support response time

ollywood wrote: You would normally assume that if a product is advertised with a feature, this feature works and has been thoroughly tried and tested

Actually, with any IT product, you would normally assume that there may be bugs and it doesn't always work perfectly otherwise there would never be any updates, patches new firmware for anything... or there may be nothing wrong as a user is using it incorrectly or misunderstanding something.

ollywood wrote: Regarding the 20% I am not going to bother responding to your post as it is detracting from the main reason

LOL! You could have at least acknwowledged that you were wrong in claiming it was rubbish!

how long is the average response and turn around time for raised issues through the email support system ?

I've no idea; you'd have to ask them, but they answer each email in turn so until you get a reply, you're in a queue.

Forum Administrator

• ollywood
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Feb 2017 13:44 #9 by ollywood
A very long slow queue !

More
15 Feb 2017 17:03 #10 by admin
Then chase as I suggested in my first reply. Don't shoot the messenger. If it has been 5 days, something is amiss.

Forum Administrator

• ollywood
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Feb 2017 17:18 #11 by ollywood
Dont worry bullets are not aimed at you ! :)

It feels like you have to push incredibly hard to get a response from support and when one does come back it is rather vague.

I do keep asking for an update from my appointed tech support person, would be good to have an alternative as there is no other channel apart from the pay per moan line.

Should I just resubmit everything as a new issue ?

More
16 Feb 2017 07:12 #12 by admin
No, do not submit a new ticket... that just duplicates work and delays other users... email to the address I sugguested to chase and explain any dissatisfaction in the answers you have received.

Forum Administrator