Draytek Vigor AP-902 & Vigor 2860

• dtbk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2017 16:58 #7 by dtbk
Replied by dtbk on topic Re: Draytek Vigor AP-902 & Vigor 2860
Weirdbeardmt I'm out of the office now until Tuesday when I'll be trying this again, so I'll be able to reply/update proper then. However, from what I recall, after having followed all of the instructions in that step-by-step guide there was no internet access on the guest wifi access/network whilst it had the VLAN tag of "10". I've switched it back to "0" for now and left everything else for me to revisit and work through, again, on Tuesday.

In terms of the network itself, the AP-902 is connected to an Ethernet socket on the wall, which in turns is connected to a Netgear 16 port switch (unsure of the model at this time), which in turn is connected to the Vigor 2860 on the ground floor which connects to the BT Fibre device and then out to the world etc....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marcdek
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jun 2017 10:17 #8 by marcdek
Replied by marcdek on topic Re: Draytek Vigor AP-902 & Vigor 2860
@DTBK

Just a note to say "do not lose heart". I have a 2860 wired to an AP810, AP900, and an AP902, each running with 3 separated SSIDs (1 private, and two guest networks - the first 'guest' is for the kids who I do not want on my network as I do not know what these little darlings load on their PCs and phones!) and everything works absolutely as intended, including "handover" when walking from one AP area to another.

The only difference I have with the instructions you pointed to is P1 is only 'ticked' on LAN1, and is used solely by my PC to access the router (and base network). P2 and P3 are used for the APs, and they have LAN1 and LAN2 (and LAN3 in my case) ticked, and each has a separate VLAN ID.

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on all devices - I did have a situation once where the stuff was not talking as it should, and a update got things back on track - but that might have been nothing more than "shaking the tree to get the rotten apples i.e. a bad setting, to fall out.

M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.