Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VDSL2 losing sync speed

• oakserver
  • User
  • User
More
01 Aug 2017 20:40 #13 by oakserver
Replied by oakserver on topic Re: VDSL2 losing sync speed

Piste Basher wrote: This morning downstream SNR is 8 and upstream is 6. I'm on Fast path. Attainable upstream is showing as 38240 with actual as 32397 (been that for over 6 months now, dropped from around 35000 as I recall). Attainable and actual upstream are 6774.

With that SNR you won't get much more on the upstream but there is plenty of room on the downstream so I'm surprised your speed is decreasing rather than increasing. It could be that your ES exceed the daily allowance to allow you any increase in speed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2017 09:12 #14 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VDSL2 losing sync speed
I've been with Zen, as far as I can tell on an Openreach backbone, for many years. I used to be on an "up to 76" contract on which I never got more than mid-thirties, which dropped over a couple of years to mid-twenties. At that point I thought about leaving Zen but instead I negotiated a new deal with them, this time on an "up to 38" contract. Although my login details didn't change that clearly kicked something at the exchange because I instantly went up to an attainable rate of around 40000 and an actual around 38000. That has dropped over the past couple of years, firstly to around 36000 and now to 32397, where it has been for some time. My downstream rate never goes up, only down. Actual upstream is usually the same as "attainable", sometimes a bit lower and sometimes a bit higher...

More
02 Aug 2017 15:10 #15 by gsb1
Replied by gsb1 on topic Re: VDSL2 losing sync speed
In this scenario, after what up time is recommended to reboot to see if a higher sync is obtainable (without jeopardising the line looking stable)?

More
10 Aug 2017 17:13 #16 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VDSL2 losing sync speed
Hmm after a week or two on VT4 my downstream rate has now dropped to 30000, the lowest its ever been since I started this contract :( I've reverted to the BT firmware but on past experience have little hope of it increasing again. I'll wait a week or two and see if Zen will be willing to give Openreach a kick.