DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

leased line not using its maximum speed

More
14 Sep 2017 09:26 #7 by admin

completerookie wrote: when I connect the iphone 7, the speed is very disappointing max I got was 45mb down, 62 up

That seems okay for 802.11n

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
28 Sep 2017 09:54 #8 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: leased line not using its maximum speed
Yes the Ubiquti's configured for HT80 on 5Ghz will give you decent throughput if you have no or little Wifi contention.

I find that the antenna for 2.4 Ghz in apple phones is a little limited, but close up configured correctly, you should see 50-75 down. Not sure on the up, as I am capped to 20mb, and never tried a local throughput.

• completerookie
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Sep 2017 13:21 #9 by completerookie
Replied by completerookie on topic Re: leased line not using its maximum speed
So, I've finally got the system running correctly.

Thanks for those that have help on this thread.

Here was MY solution, it may help others

I have the main IP as 1.2.3.4 and a group of available ip's as 1.2.3.5 - 1.2.3.9

I had the main IP access working, but I wanted to have the other ip's also available.
so I set 1.2.3.4 as the main IP
entered the "WAN IP Aliases"
enabled 1.2.3.5 as an Aux WAN IIP and ticked the "join NAT IP Pool" *** and that tick was my mistake ****
this seemed to lockup certain machines in my local network. within the locked up machines, I could open up a browser, navigate to a website, but get absolutely no response from the web site. I could happily use the PING, traceRoute etc and prove that the internet was there, just not the websites.

I contacted the ISP, and when they told me they could see traffic on 1.2.3.4 and at the same time 1.2.3.5, that's what gave me the clue to look at the WAN IP Aliases.
the moment I un-ticked the "Join NAT IP Pool" for the 1.2.3.5 IP's the system came to life.

kevin

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
28 Sep 2017 14:09 #10 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: leased line not using its maximum speed
Yes

so you got single public IP addresses, and you just need to route internal IP's to Wan1 or 2, etc?

• completerookie
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2017 11:34 #11 by completerookie
Replied by completerookie on topic Re: leased line not using its maximum speed
routing is already in place, everything is working,
thanks for all the help
kev