VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 10:35 #13 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5
Thanks

I did have the remote management disabled, and this killed the web interface. will try again with this enabled.

Thanks for the update Hornbyp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2017 11:44 #14 by lph21
Replied by lph21 on topic Re: VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5
An issue I have found with 3.8.5 since its release is that after install the router will not reassign an ip address to some DHCP clients if they go offline and then come back on. I have two routers each with 3 lans operating. A big advantage of the new firmware is to have 2 of these with strict bind ip to mac, while leaving the third (guest) lan open. However even with the 'strict bind' off clients that go offline for a period are often refused an ip address when they come back. Am I missing something or is this a bug/issue in the new firmware? I havre reverted to the last iteration of 3.8.4 for the time being.

Thanks.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 12:31 #15 by silverstreak_2006

silverstreak_2006 wrote: Thanks

I did have the remote management disabled, and this killed the web interface. will try again with this enabled.

Thanks for the update Hornbyp.

LAN managemet setting, I meant.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 12:33 #16 by silverstreak_2006

lph21 wrote: An issue I have found with 3.8.5 since its release is that after install the router will not reassign an ip address to some DHCP clients if they go offline and then come back on. I have two routers each with 3 lans operating. A big advantage of the new firmware is to have 2 of these with strict bind ip to mac, while leaving the third (guest) lan open. However even with the 'strict bind' off clients that go offline for a period are often refused an ip address when they come back. Am I missing something or is this a bug/issue in the new firmware? I havre reverted to the last iteration of 3.8.4 for the time being.

Thanks.

I wish you posted that before I just upgraded. Let me keep watch and see how I get on.

Thanks for the update.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 12:35 #17 by silverstreak_2006

lph21 wrote: An issue I have found with 3.8.5 since its release is that after install the router will not reassign an ip address to some DHCP clients if they go offline and then come back on. I have two routers each with 3 lans operating. A big advantage of the new firmware is to have 2 of these with strict bind ip to mac, while leaving the third (guest) lan open. However even with the 'strict bind' off clients that go offline for a period are often refused an ip address when they come back. Am I missing something or is this a bug/issue in the new firmware? I havre reverted to the last iteration of 3.8.4 for the time being.

Thanks.

Wired, wireless or both?

Regards

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 12:53 #18 by silverstreak_2006

Thanks.

Make sure your not binding to another subnet / Vlan, than the one your connecting to. I just bounced connections, and have found no issues so far, other than that. You can assign a bind to another subnet on the old 3.8.4.6 firmware, and connect to a different subnet, thus ignoring this setting. I have seen this before, and am sure they will fix this. I will keep watch for timeouts that do not re-connect.

Regards