DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5

More
18 Oct 2017 13:07 #19 by lph21
Replied by lph21 on topic Re: VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5
Many thanks for the replies – the answer to Pete's query is both – wireless and wired.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2017 13:13 #20 by lph21
Replied by lph21 on topic Re: VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5
A further reply to pete' – as far as I can tell it shouldn't be possible for the clients that go offline and then come back to be trying to bind to a different subnet when they come back online – the IP Bind table specifies which the ip address (and so subnet) to bind each respective mac address to. But I could be missing something – I'm certainly not an expert . . .

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 13:27 #21 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: VIgor 2860 Firmware Release v3.8.5

lph21 wrote: A further reply to pete' – as far as I can tell it shouldn't be possible for the clients that go offline and then come back to be trying to bind to a different subnet when they come back online – the IP Bind table specifies which the ip address (and so subnet) to bind each respective mac address to. But I could be missing something – I'm certainly not an expert . . .

Yes, I did re-read after I posted, and forced two apple, and one android on and off line, via a Ubquiti, which is wired to one of the ports on the 2860, that's how I stumbled on Bind issue I just iterated above.

They all re-connected ok, and I only have two subnets. I will see what happens after the timeout occur, perhaps as you asy, being a bug on multiple subnet configurations maybe?