DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 - How often does yours crash / reboot?

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
23 Oct 2017 18:16 #7 by mbames
FWIW: I found a 2820 used to reboot if wan2 was enabled but had nothing plugged in / switched on. Not sure if this feature is across the range in the newer devices or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
25 Oct 2017 15:23 #8 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: 2860 - How often does yours crash / reboot?
Varies really.

Anything from your Syslog as suggeseted?

• rob.nicholson
  • User
  • User
More
06 Nov 2017 11:08 #9 by rob.nicholson
Replied by rob.nicholson on topic Re: 2860 - How often does yours crash / reboot?
I've replaced a BT Business Hub with a 2860 a week ago and it's been rock solid. Sure the VDSL2 link has been lost a couple of times. Before they were rebooting the BT Business Hub every couple of days. I upgraded to the latest firmware as a matter of course.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
13 Nov 2017 22:00 #10 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: 2860 - How often does yours crash / reboot?
Normally the 2860's are rock solid uptime wise, any issues are normally Exchange related.

One thing to try as I have seen on a couple of installs the line type trying to change between ADSL and VDSL if set to Auto, this causes a reboot.
This is for no apparent reason apart from something on the line as the exact same device has been moved onto a different line and works fine.
The answer to this is to lock it to either VDSL or ADSL dependant on your line type.

The only time this causes issues if you are moving from ADSL to VDSL, in which case the line type needs to be returned to Auto.

I normally lock the line type once installed.

• fchef
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
22 Feb 2018 22:53 #11 by fchef
I would like to give a hint also. Make sure that you assign unique port setup for various services in System Maintenance >> Management is correct. I had port 8443 for HTTPS and didn't notice it was also in CVM.
After making the changes didn't notice any reboots.