DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Traffic Graph for Tx Only

More
12 Jun 2018 00:00 #7 by c3330
Replied by c3330 on topic Re: Traffic Graph for Tx Only
OK! I see that "wallwatcher" seems a very handy and easy solution since in my case I just want to have an idea of what is the Tx (upload) during the day.

I just have one more question...Is it possible to distinguish between WAN1 and WAN2 or the OIDs that ChrisW provided count the total Sent Bytes and not per WAN interface?

Any idea how can I achieve this? Just want to know if I can go with "wallwatcher" or if it's better to try another tool from the beginning.

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2018 07:19 #8 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic Re: Traffic Graph for Tx Only

Is it possible to distinguish between WAN1 and WAN2 or the OIDs

Not really in Wallwatcher - there's only possibility for one Wan I/F to be monitored (so 2 x OID's). I suppose you might be able to put WAN 1 & WAN 2 Tx Byte OID's in the program rather than WAN 1 Tx/Rx but I can't try this. Sounds like you probably need a more heavyweight program offering monitoring of multiple WANs.

There's a long list of OID's here: https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-management/management.system-maintenance/which-snmp-oids-does-vigor-router-support/
Not sure what the protocol is to convert these values to monitor different WAN ports - I guess that's why for WAN1 my OID's have an additional .4 on the end compared to the published value...?

More
19 Dec 2018 08:48 #9 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Traffic Graph for Tx Only

ChrisW wrote: For any SNMP solution you will want the OID's, so 2860n Received Bytes is 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.4 and Sent Bytes is 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.4 Configuration otherwise is indeed pretty straightforward.

Thanks for this - very helpful. Just to add further details:

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.x - received
1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.x - sent
Where x is 4 = VDSL, 5 - WAN2, 6 = WAN3, 7 = WAN4

Also the figures are COUNTER32 type so will reset to zero after approx 4GB.