DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Upgrading 2860n from 3.7.8 to latest 3.8.9.1BT

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2018 22:50 #7 by e.ringrose
Enable Telnet or SSH before you upgrade (3.8.9.2 is just out).

Make sure you have it locked down to prevent external access if this is not required.

If you still can't access via the web GUI you should be able to access via the console.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2018 05:56 #8 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: Upgrading 2860n from 3.7.8 to latest 3.8.9.1BT
Hello :)

In "System Maintenance" and "Management", did you untick Allow management from LAN by any chance on earlier versions? If yes, you need to tick it, reboot and then upgrade to the latest firmware ;) Otherwise, you won't be able to login to the router but only from WAN

• dpbarry
  • Topic Author
More
08 Aug 2018 10:03 #9 by dpbarry
Hello Spellbinder.

Many thanks for that. :D :D

Ticking that box did the job and firmware is now up to date but it has me curious. How come I was able to access the web console within my LAN on 172.16.0.1 on previous firmware versions with that unticked??

Was there a bug in the system?

Regards

Declan

More
08 Aug 2018 10:08 #10 by x64
Doesn’t Lan port 1 have access regardless of other restrictions? I’m sure I’ve read a note to that effect in the GUI of my 2862.

More
09 Aug 2018 18:29 #11 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Upgrading 2860n from 3.7.8 to latest 3.8.9.1BT
It does say that in the Draytek knowledge base but I can assure you it doesn't work on the 2925. I locked myself out yesterday :oops:

More
11 Aug 2018 11:40 #12 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: Upgrading 2860n from 3.7.8 to latest 3.8.9.1BT
Hello dpbarry :)

Yep, until a specific firmware version (I cannot remember which one, it is one of the 3.8.x branch), you could access the web interface from the LAN as LAN1 was always allowed regardless of that setting. But after that firmware version, the LAN access was blocked even for LAN1 and you could only access it from WAN, providing you had already allowed WAN access :p