DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 FW: 3.8.9.1 Remote Management Issue

More
01 Sep 2018 16:41 #7 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: 2862 FW: 3.8.9.1 Remote Management Issue
I did try to upgrade to 3.8.9.2BT on one of our jobs and lost the web interface remotely... Hopefully I had a IPsec VPN available (SSL wouldn't work either I believe!), logged in on the internal IP and downgraded the firmware

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markdeacon
  • User
  • User
More
04 Sep 2018 16:47 #8 by markdeacon
Replied by markdeacon on topic Re: 2862 FW: 3.8.9.1 Remote Management Issue
I had the issue on 3.8.9.1 which was when it first stopped working for me, although it took me a while to realise it.

I upgraded to 3.8.9.2 after I saw in the release notes it fixed the web interface, however in my case even after a factory reset it doesn't allow remote management over WAN. The furthest I can get is a half loaded login page.

Not going to raise a support request over it as all they do is ask take a week to reply and then ask for log files. Must be something related to the settings I am using if other people have it working on 3.8.9.2.

I am using default port (443), one non standard setting it could be is that I have enabled brute force protection so it could be that borking it.

More
05 Sep 2018 13:30 #9 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: 2862 FW: 3.8.9.1 Remote Management Issue
Maybe try normal HTTP port, HTTPS could be a burden on the system depending on the state of it