Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860ac with 3.8.9.1_BT Major Performance Problems

• simmondp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jul 2018 10:41 #7 by simmondp

Macavity wrote: I've not noticed it on my unit. It could mean there is a feature you're using which is causing it which isn't enabled in my cfg, or perhaps it's an issue in 3.8.9.1 which has an environmental cause (eg specific to line conditions or equipment)

A way to check could be to see if the issue occurs while running a more basic cfg on 3.8.9.1. What I'd try would be to backup the cfg, then .rst upgarde (which would reset all the settings and put the router ip back on 192.168.1.1) and then just change enough to get the unit online and get a test device connected. If I wanted to rule out other machines being a trigger for the issue I wouldn't set the SSID back initially.

Thanks; Yes - that was my next steps - however my belief is that it's a traffic related "memory leak" as after reboot it start OK-ish (still down on full performance) but within two minutes is running abysmally. Thus not having other devices connecting may not aggravate it!

However, building one-feature at a time (with testing in-between) is incredibly time consuming - the tests this morning took the best part of two hours!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ccarmock
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jul 2018 20:38 #8 by ccarmock
I remember a while back on a 2860 performance issues were caused when Hardware acceleration was enabled. Worth checking on the latest firmware & config you have if this is on, and if so try with it off. Just in case an old bug has resurfaced.

• simmondp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jul 2018 20:50 #9 by simmondp

ccarmock wrote: I remember a while back on a 2860 performance issues were caused when Hardware acceleration was enabled. Worth checking on the latest firmware & config you have if this is on, and if so try with it off. Just in case an old bug has resurfaced.

Nice idea, but no difference.

Thanks

Paul

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2018 22:56 #10 by e.ringrose
3.8.9.2 has just been released.

No mention of anything that resolves your issue however.

• simmondp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Aug 2018 08:13 #11 by simmondp

e.ringrose wrote: 3.8.9.2 has just been released.

No mention of anything that resolves your issue however.

So just tried it;

• Model Name: v2860
    firmware version: 3.8.9.2_BT
    Modem version: VDSL2/ADSL
    Current version: 576D17/572801
    574307/571801
    Upgrade version: 576d17/572801
    574307/571801

I am pleased to report that (so far) I am seeing no ping or speed degradation.

So no idea what they fixed / changed / reverted - but it now works fine! :D

• Before: (Speedtest.net - IoMart Maidenhead) Ping = 7ms / Down = 29.88 Mbps / Up = 6.28 Mbps
    After: (Speedtest.net - IoMart Maidenhead) Ping = 7ms / Down = 28.96 Mbps / Up = 6.05 Mbps