DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Configure Draytek devices to increase internet speed

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
09 Aug 2018 09:52 #7 by bigshorty

Dazza1234 wrote: As said 3dB is your sweet spot, you’ll have to play around with it but you don’t want to cause a lot of disconnections as DLM will take your speed down. I have done it but it was a good while ago as once you get the sweet spot that’s it. But I’m pretty sure it was minus then the vdsl figure.

Excellent info, thanks Dazza.

I presume as my current SNR margin is 4dB, then I would need to add a delta value of -10 to the SNR command to bring the SNR margin down to 3dB?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dazza1234
  • User
  • User
More
09 Aug 2018 22:05 #8 by dazza1234
Hi not sure on the actual figure its really trial and error but you don't want to go too wild and drop it down to low that it drops out every couple of days or keep changing it to much that it causes DLM to kick in. -10 is probably your max if it goes to 2dB cut it down by 2 if it will allow.

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2018 10:25 #9 by bigshorty

Dazza1234 wrote: Hi not sure on the actual figure its really trial and error but you don't want to go too wild and drop it down to low that it drops out every couple of days or keep changing it to much that it causes DLM to kick in. -10 is probably your max if it goes to 2dB cut it down by 2 if it will allow.

Excellent, thanks for the pointers Dazza, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2018 12:02 #10 by bigshorty
Ok, just attempted adjusting the SNR on my 2860n. At this point I thought I should mention that mt SNR had risen from 4dB to 6dB in recent days, however no change in my attainable and actual download speeds.

So I only dropped the delta by -5, which in turn dropped my SNR from 6dB to 5dB, however my attainable download speed had risen to 81.734 Mbps and actual is now saying 79.995 Mbps. Considering I'm on an 80/20 fibre broadband profile, then the actual download speed of 79.995 Mbps is pretty much the maximum I will be able to achieve.

So first indications look good, I don't think I'll drop the SNR delta anymore as I've reached the peak actual download speed, now I've got to keep an eye out for disconnections and make sure this adjustment is stable.

Cheers for all of your help, much appreciated, and I'll post on here in a few days to let you know the stability results.