Sky Hub with Vigor 2862n and a VigorAP 810 bridge network se

• adrianbn
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Sep 2018 20:06 #1 by adrianbn
Hi
I recently bought a Draytek Vigor 2862n and VigorAP 810 with the intention of setting up a home secure network with my Sky Hub ISP.
My request is, Does anyone have an idiots guide on a step by step setup guide.

I am wanting to run the 2862n as my router on the Wan2 ethernet connection through the Sky Hub, then setup the 810 on a wireless bridge to provide the back of my home with its own network hub, so I can run the cctv's DVR through the 810 lan ports and a Printer on the network on its USB.

Any help or direction in how to set it up would be much appreciated.
Thanks
AdrianBn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Sep 2018 21:22 #2 by hornbyp

• adrianbn
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2018 06:39 #3 by adrianbn
Thanks for the reply hornbyp

Yeah I read that and followed through everything but got no joy.

The day I got the router I went through and set it up....

Changed the (Wan/general setup) disabled Wan1(DSL) Wan3(USB) and Wan4 (USB) setup the Wan2 as enabled with vgtag service and client set as enabled with tag value 101.

Then went to Wan (Internet Access) and set up the ethernet static/dynamic IP settings. I specified the right IP/subnet mask and gateway with the first and second DNS address.

I then went to the IPv6 and setup up the dynamic long link address and gateway address.

I had activity on the routing table. packets up and down in both Wan2 and IPv6 and setup a tablet and started streamed music through it.

So I felt good and started to setup the USB flash drive as log save service and checked the firewall setting, then started to setup the WPS, it was then that everything stopped.
When I checked the Wan2 was static on the left LED only and eveything fell over.

I have reset and rebooted again and again but for some reason I just cannot get it up and running again. which is why I thought I would ask here.
As I have read through most posts and comments about Sky hubs and MER settings its all made my head spin.

• adrianbn
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2018 07:23 #4 by adrianbn
Quick question

Could it be that my Sky Hub (model ER110) is conflicting with the Draytek router?

Plus I have been looking at the Draytek Vigor 130 ADSL/VDSL ethernet modem, would this modem be a replacement for the Sky hub?
Would it work on a Sky ISP connection? as the traffic type is PTM

• adrianbn
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2018 19:14 #5 by adrianbn
After having three days now of battling with this router I am ready to pack it up and use it as an expensive door stopper.

Because, if I understand this whole thing with Sky hubs right, unless I basically hack my hub and retrieve the ISP user account and password, I don't have snowballs chance in an oven in getting this to work right.

Years ago I had a Vigor router and all I needed to do was hit a clone button and I was ready, this thing is like you need a phd in routing and coding, networking should not be this complicated.
Draytek should list the issue with sky on the product specifications.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
05 Sep 2018 20:35 #6 by hornbyp

AdrianBn wrote: networking should not be this complicated.

:lol: