Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Static route?

• federal12
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Sep 2018 17:25 #7 by federal12
Replied by federal12 on topic Re: Static route?
Hi, that’s kind of what I thought but never having routed anything between different LAN’s before and not being experienced or knowledgable enough to figure it out from scratch I thought I’d ask here as to the simplest solution.
UPS says my 2 new routers are delivered here but I’m here and they’re not! Hopefully find them soon and get everything set up to replicate site towards the end of the week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2018 19:29 #8 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: Static route?
Sorry, I have removed my post as I presume both routers are currently not reachable from their LAN interfaces unless you have other routers in between.. What's the topology of the network?
If each Draytek (yours and theirs) is managing its own network and each has a WAN connection, I think you will need to create a connection in between

• federal12
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Sep 2018 19:35 #9 by federal12
Hi Spellbinder. Yes they’re literally sat next to each other. Thanks for the explanation. I now have my delivery so I can test at home. Nothing worse than trying out on site and looking a fool if you can’t get it working! I have the same PBX here and the software already tested and working, I just need to split the lan to replicate site and go from there. Problem is finding a spare hour lately. On the bright side only another 20 years until I can retire!
I’ll post back to confirm working or any issues.

• federal12
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Sep 2018 19:36 #10 by federal12
Lol, thT reply was to the message you deleted!

More
25 Sep 2018 19:42 #11 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: Static route?
Yes I have replied to say that ;) But it doesn't change the content of my previous message
If there is no link between both Drayteks, nor logical or physical, a link will need to be created.

Let us know how it goes, we will be happy to help! :)