DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Open Port 443 to point to internal server & VPN Troubles

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
17 Sep 2018 20:51 #13 by hopkins35

akwe-xavante wrote: Looks as though i'm going to have to downgrade firmware to 3.8.8.8 for now and either wait to see if Draytek resolve the issue soon "very soon" or consider switching to another product.

I wouldn't count on that, I've had a ticket open with them for it for 3 months now. After much back and forth, one beta and one release firmware, seven upgrades and downgrades of the various versions, the last thing they suggested was to re-upgrade to 3.8.9.2 which I'd already tried twice. I politely ignored the suggestion. I'm living with 3.8.8.8 for now as it's perfectly stable but I'm dreading any critical new firmware release. I'm seriously considering buying a Firebrick with separate VDSL2 modem

What I would say is to make sure that you log a ticket with them if you haven't already, if nothing else it will add to the growing evidence that there's something wrong with these latest versions. The support guy did suggest that UK support has next to know influence over the firmware which is dealt with abroad in Taiwan I think

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2018 07:44 #14 by spellbinder
Hello,

In System management, make sure the HTTPS port is different than the SSL VPN port and also different than 443 ;)
Maybe you have already done that but did you restart the Draytek?

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2018 17:24 #15 by akwe-xavante

In System management, make sure the HTTPS port is different than the SSL VPN port and also different than 443
Maybe you have already done that but did you restart the Draytek?

Done it, played with it restarted several times and after each best guess at trying to sort this.

I have actually opened a ticket with draytek and said that i had followed instructions within one of there own guides, i gave them a link to the guide in question.

There reply was to try an online guide and gave me a link to the guide i gave them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guessing my ticket wasn't even read properly in the first instence. I have in the past found them very helpful and informative but on this occasion so far they have let me down i have to say.

More
19 Sep 2018 10:33 #16 by spellbinder
So port 443 is not used anywhere in your config?

If I understand correctly, you are trying to set up a port forwarding from port 443 (external) to port 443 (internal), is it correct?
Doing so does not let you do it? What happens if you access the WAN's IP on https then?

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2018 15:46 #17 by akwe-xavante

So port 443 is not used anywhere in your config?

Nowhere that i can find, with SSL VPN enabled i set the port to 4433 and it doesn't work, i can disable SSL VPN and that fails too. I have tried disabling remote and local access to the router via HTTPS and port 443, i've tried it enabled on a different port number and that fails too.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to set up a port forwarding from port 443 (external) to port 443 (internal), is it correct?

That's correct.

Doing so does not let you do it? What happens if you access the WAN's IP on https then?

A port scan shows port 443 as closed and attempts to access my server on port 443 fail.

In addition the router will not open port 443 and point it to my server, on clicking ok to apply the settings i'm directed to the "System Maintenance > Management" page where theres nothing to do, well nothing i can find, clicking ok requests a restart. After restart my settings have not been applied in NAT. A port scan shows port 443 as closed and attempts to access my server on port 443 fail.

More
20 Sep 2018 09:32 #18 by spellbinder
If you are already on the latest firmware version, last thing to try: can you factory reset the router and try again?