DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Open Port 443 to point to internal server & VPN Troubles

• anaglypta
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2018 13:44 #7 by anaglypta
The 2860 has a new firmware 3.8.9.3 which corrects a NAT loopback issue. You might want to give this a try:-

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2860

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2860/send/344-vigor-2860/1441-readme-2860-3893

John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2018 10:42 #8 by akwe-xavante
Thank you for all your replies. Updated firmware from V:3..8.9.2 to V:3.8.9.3 (Missed this very recent upgrade) and i still have the same issue i'm afraid.

Looking as though i may have to ditch my Draytek Routers and look for an alternative ASAP.

Must have port 443 opened and pointed to my webserver by the end of october, building a new server with SSL certification enabling HTTPS connections.

I could try downgrading firmware to 3.8.8.8 but this shouldn't be the way to go though.

What will hapen if i choose to ignore the message? Does anybody know?

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2018 11:21 #9 by hopkins35
It's either a bug in which case you'll have access to your webserver on port 443 or when you visit the URL you'll hit the login page for the router.

HTTPS NAT defintely works for me on v3.8.8.8 albeit on a Draytek 2862

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
17 Sep 2018 16:31 #10 by akwe-xavante
Ignoring the message and clicking OK redirects me to the "System Maintenance > Management" page where theres nothing to do.

Internet Access Control, Tried disabling HTTPS by unticking it and tried with it enabled on port 4433. Both fail.

Also tried disabling HHTPS access to the router over the LAN too. This fails too.

Router forces a reboot afterwhich opening port 443 is automatically removed under NAT, not set or configured.

Looks as though i'm going to have to downgrade firmware to 3.8.8.8 for now and either wait to see if Draytek resolve the issue soon "very soon" or consider switching to another product.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
17 Sep 2018 18:42 #11 by mbames
I might be a bit late to the party, but have you got SSL VPN enabled, as that will grab the port before NAT can get hold of it....

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
17 Sep 2018 19:23 #12 by akwe-xavante
SSL VPN disabled and problem continues