DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 keeps dropping Plusnet VDSL connection

• markvoip
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2019 12:58 #13 by markvoip
Hi tbear,

Only just noticed your interesting message (despite being subscribed to the thread I've never had any email notofications).

By another coincidence, I had a different problem a year or so ago that eventually resolved to huge electrical noise from... the 2860's own PSU, just like you had.

The christmas lights theory is an interesting one. Although I wouldn't expect it to have started on Christmas day as people have their lights up sooner than that of course.

My 2860n, running Vector 4 has been up for 147 hours; not a single drop since I installed the V4 firmware. When I'm feeling maschochistic I'll re-test with _BT just to see if the problem was some transient line fault.

p.s. In the remote chance it's exchange related, I'm on the Ealing exchange.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alucidnation
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2019 23:17 #14 by alucidnation
Replied by alucidnation on topic Re: 2860 keeps dropping Plusnet VDSL connection
I know this is probably sorted for you guys now but i am suffering from the same issue, albeit on my 2862.

Plus, i have a lot of errors recorded CRC,FEC & ES, and that is just with the modem plugged in and no phone.

If i plug the phone in, the errors ramp up and go through the roof, and the router decides to re-sync and apply interleaving, even though DLM has played no part in it.

I will be trying the the latest non BT firmware, as i understand this does not have vectoring.

I am on an ECI cabinet, with a clean line.

This is from a 30ish hour uptime.

https://thumbsnap.com/cwUCNvRk

More
15 Mar 2019 09:15 #15 by admin3
Of the two 2862 alternative modem codes, the 776D07 modem code has vectoring, but the 77B506 version does not. I think it would be beneficial to try both of them and see how it helps over a day or so with each.
Also if the phone is affecting it, maybe the microfilter is contributing to the problem?

Forum Administrator

• alucidnation
  • User
  • User
More
15 Mar 2019 20:41 #16 by alucidnation
Replied by alucidnation on topic Re: 2860 keeps dropping Plusnet VDSL connection
I have tried two different filters.

One standard one plugged direct into the test socket, and the Openreach 5C.

Still the same with both.

• tbear
  • User
  • User
More
17 Mar 2019 18:12 #17 by tbear

Alucidnation wrote: I have tried two different filters.

One standard one plugged direct into the test socket, and the Openreach 5C.

Still the same with both.

Have you scanned for REIN? It’s possible your phone is acting as an aerial, and picking it up from somewhere.

• alucidnation
  • User
  • User
More
17 Mar 2019 18:18 #18 by alucidnation
Yes, engineer did a scan and found nothing.

I have even been round the house and unplugged anything that might cause issues.