• flash2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Nov 2019 18:14 #7 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: Router Recommendation
What wifi Mesh would you pick?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2019 19:04 #8 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Router Recommendation
Not sure to be honest as my Wifi AP is working fine and the technology is evolving very quickly so what I would research today wouldn't necessarally be valid tomorrow. There is also have a growing range of Wifi 6 products coming to market and in 6 months time the market for these will be mature.

However, at the moment Mesh is the way to go. Check the specs, check the price and choose from the B brands, the A's being the majors like Cisco these product tend to be poor value for money as the trade on their brand way to much. I also avoid what I consider the be the C brands, the people you've never heard of offering to much value of money, they are either hard to configure or break way to quickly. The B's tend to be people like Netgear, TP-Link etc solid kit at good prices.

Iain

• flash2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2020 11:12 #9 by flash2
Iain,

Did you ever purchase a 2920?

I'm on the verge of ordering one. Its for a 300mbs FTTP line, with the ISP's modem on it. Always nervous to order Draytek stuff as in my experience, its either great, or you have to live with faults for its lifetime. I'd use another (mesh) product for wifi.

I lived with a 2860 which evertually died, then a 2860, with unusuable wifi.

Thanks,

More
28 Feb 2020 11:33 #10 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Router Recommendation
Hi Rob,

No, not yet as I don't have FTTP so I have no need to replace the 2862. But as I said, I'll probably go with the 2926 when the 2862 is due for replacement.

Be interested in your experience vs the 2860 though as I hear the interface is different..

Iain

Iain

• flash2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2020 11:42 #11 by flash2
Looks about the same to me:
http://eu.draytek.com:12926/