Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 and NTP

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2020 01:11 #7 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2860 and NTP

bluefin2105 wrote: I also tried changing the "send NTP request through" to WAN1 explicitly, rather than Auto - no difference.

Very odd. Your settings are the same as on my 2860n, which has never skipped a beat.

and he wrote: So it appears to be a problem *only* with the 2860 and there's no 'generic' issue with NTP calls out to the internet (they're not blocked by the ISP etc.). There seems to be no way to turn on logging of NTP calls and responses? Not even sure how I could use Wireshark to monitor the WAN interface?

I had a play with Syslog, with all logging options enabled...it catches all manner of devices on my network making NTP calls - but not the router itself :(

I never tried it ... but in the "LAN Port Mirror" options, you can select WAN1 or WAN2 as ports to mirror!
(But bear in mind the warning...)

The mirrored WAN1 is a software mirror, it will lead to a substantial decline in performance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluefin2105
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2020 14:44 #8 by bluefin2105
Replied by bluefin2105 on topic Re: Vigor 2860 and NTP
Haven’t had a chance to try the port mirroring yet, but I’ve realised that the “2019 Dec 1...” time that it resets itself to is plausibly the last time the WAN restarted. I have no idea what this means!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.