DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2925 - Allow Users on LAN5 to acess LAN1

• ptzulu
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2020 20:07 #1 by ptzulu
Hi there!

So, my thing is: i use a VPN when off the office, and put that vpn on LAN5, wich has the IP 10.10.10.x. While on that network i can't access nothing on LAN1, that has the ip 192.168.1.x (and has the NAS i need to access).

Can i make it so that LAN5 IPs can access LAN1 IPs? Basically LAN1 is internal, and LAN5 is all remote users (VPN)...

Hope i can describe the situation good enough... I'm not so great on IT, i understand little, so, it was a great progress for me to be able to did what i did (VPN on different IP range and what not)..

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 Feb 2020 01:35 #2 by hornbyp
On the "LAN >> General Setup" page, under "Inter-LAN Routing", tick the box at the intersection of the LAN 1 column and the LAN 5 row...

• ptzulu
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2020 00:11 #3 by ptzulu
Inter-Lan is Grayed out..... is there something i need to activate/configure before managing that?

• ptzulu
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2020 00:32 #4 by ptzulu
Correction: enabling vlan made it possible.

Know here's the thing. Can i make it so LAN 1 acess lan 4, but lan 4 can't acces lan 1?

Probabbly not :/

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2020 16:34 #5 by hornbyp

ptzulu wrote: Now here's the thing. Can i make it so LAN 1 acess lan 4, but lan 4 can't acces lan 1?

Adding a suitable rule to the Firewall, should do the trick. Choose "LAN/DMZ/RT/VPN -> LAN/DMZ/RT/VPN" as the Direction.

Configuring Firewall rules is beyond the scope of this reply. :D

See https://www.google.com/search?q=configuring+draytek+firewall

• ptzulu
  • Topic Author
More
14 Mar 2020 19:02 #6 by ptzulu
Hello again!

Thanks hornbyp ! Did not try it yet, because what was needed for the situation was working.
Now, because of the outbreak Worldwide (COVID-19) our company is working from home, and so, we are few, and I can make it work with a simple DDNS to the routers IP and port forward, but, I want to make the VPN work, so it's more secure and simple.

The problem I'm having is, the company uses 192.168.1.x IP range (the most standard thing possible) and so the most people. So, when connecting through the VPN, the problem is the because they are on the same range of IPs, then can't connect to the Company IPs, let's say, NAS server, witch is 192.168.1.7..

Is there a workaround I can make or something? also noticed that LAN 1 (the one we use) is configured as 192.168.1.1/24, but VPN uses 192.168.1.1/32 (can't change the submask anywhere)...

Something I'm missing?

Thank you!