• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Oct 2020 20:23 #13 by xer0w
Replied by xer0w on topic Re: Vigor 2762ac Firewall Performance

admin3 wrote:
With the Vigor 2762 router, you can increase performance for the Ethernet WAN by enabling hardware acceleration and disabling the WAN1 interface under [WAN] > [General Setup]. That should give close to gigabit performance, the only feature it limits the effectiveness of is the Traffic Graph.

That's fixed it :) I have my full bandwidth available now with the FW enabled, I've also noticed that the CPU Usage isn't ramping up whenever I have multiple devices maxing out the connection either.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
01 Nov 2020 17:29 #14 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2762ac Firewall Performance

admin3 wrote:
With the Vigor 2762 router, you can increase performance for the Ethernet WAN by enabling hardware acceleration and disabling the WAN1 interface under [WAN] > [General Setup]. That should give close to gigabit performance, the only feature it limits the effectiveness of is the Traffic Graph.

Can you explain how this can be :?:

None of my Draytek Routers have achieved three times the throughput claimed by Draytek. They have all (until recently) been connected to Virgin Media hubs using WAN 2 - with WAN 1 disabled and Hardware acceleration enabled).

Draytek claim up to 300Mbps for the 2762 Firewall

Draytek wrote: ** Throughput figures quoted are maximums, based on fastest WAN port and optimal conditions. Usage of features of different WAN connection method may reduce maximum throughput

Should I make a purchasing decision based on this information :?: - I'm deeply sceptical! :?
(... though it's great, if it's correct).

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Sep 2021 01:13 #15 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2762ac Firewall Performance

hornbyp wrote:
Can you explain how this can be :?:

So, any thoughts :?: :!: :?:

More
20 Sep 2021 11:57 #16 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2762ac Firewall Performance
I'm not sure. If you've got HA enabled and WAN1 disabled, that should give you near to 1Gb performance. Albeit at the expense of traffic graph / WAN budget on routers prior to the 2927 / 2865 / 2866.

If it's getting less than that, it seems to specifically occur with VM routers when I've seen that problem mentioned. I recall seeing that using a crossover cable in place of a patch cable helped, but I can't find the basis for that now.

The performance values for the 2762 / 2862 don't include Hardware Acceleration because of the feature limitations, so there is some extra performance to be had if you're okay without the features mentioned on the [Hardware Acceleration] page of your router.
The newer routers give the hardware accelerated performance value because all the features are now supported.

Forum Administrator