Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2925N WAN settings for EE router

• forum_vimes
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2020 12:40 #7 by forum_vimes
Replied by forum_vimes on topic Re: 2925N WAN settings for EE router

AdrianH54 wrote:
You would still have the firewall /NAT running on both devices.

EE use Brightbox routers which ca definitely be set in bridge mode whereby the firewall/DHCP and PPOE negotiation are disabled.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Brightbox-2-bridging-mode/td-p/796320

Are you sure your device doesn't have these settings which are what you need?

1 - first I commend your google skills, I have searched on that forum and didn't see that post
2 - I don't have a bridge option that I can see (see link) and have gone through all the advanced settings, I think I have a smart hub, not a brightbox 2. Where you say PPOE negotiation disabled, it looks likes you are saying I should let the draytek take care of the username and password authetication?

I'll give EE tech support a call, it's probably soemthing they will say is outside their support sphere but I will see.

https://snipboard.io/lTM7gG.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
08 Nov 2020 14:19 #8 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: 2925N WAN settings for EE router
In your situation it would be normal to make the EE box a modem and the DrayTek the router which negotiates the connection.

My set up is DrayTek Vigor 130 (modem) and ASUS RT-AX-92U router using PPOE settings.

If you want the EE Hub to be the router the DrayTek would run in AP mode.

Having spent another few minutes I see that the EE Hub is derived from the BT Hub and cannot be set in bridge/modem mode.

I think you'l find it much simpler to obtain a modem (like the Vigor130) , life will be a lot simpler. :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.