Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection

• turbozilla
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2021 12:34 #1 by turbozilla
Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection was created by turbozilla
Hi guys!

Something's totally killing me... I've used NordVPN with my Vigor2762 for some time and since yesterday night it just stopped working. Based on what I can see the in the "Syslog Explorer" while connecting I get this error:

"Prase error : not enough room in input packet for IKEv2 EAP Message Payload"

Thing is I haven't changed anything at all as far as "VPN and Remote Access > Lan to Lan" goes. I've also tried and create a new "Lan to Lan" entry based on https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5371 which are the instructions I followed when I created the entries that used to work. No luck though, and honestly not sure what to try next... And yes my password is only 15 characters and with no special ones, I remember changing it when setting up NordVPN the first time for this very reason.

Any suggestions please? :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• inspectorman
  • User
  • User
More
17 Apr 2021 15:19 #2 by inspectorman
Replied by inspectorman on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection
Snap on a 2862. NordVPN have broken something (but of course you spend time trying to tweak what was working before)

• turbozilla
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2021 18:17 #3 by turbozilla
Replied by turbozilla on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection

inspectorman wrote:
Snap on a 2862. NordVPN have broken something (but of course you spend time trying to tweak what was working before)

Ah right good to know thanks! I assumed it'd be something on my side but not having done anything it makes sense it might be their fault :P

• turbozilla
  • Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2021 09:32 #4 by turbozilla
So according to NordVPN which I just contacted Draytek routers are not supported anymore because they started to enforce Service Credentials for manual connections which don't work with Draytek routers because of the 15 chars limit we've got on IKEv2 EAP passwords.

Anyway body else - aside from insperctorman - has the same issue? And even more relevant, do you know why there's a 15 chars limit?

• kieran-iw
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2021 11:51 #5 by kieran-iw
Replied by kieran-iw on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection
Make Draytek support aware of this issue so they could make amendments to their firmware to counteract this, not saying they will though.

Regards, Kieran..

• turbozilla
  • Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2021 14:02 #6 by turbozilla

kieran-iw wrote:
Make Draytek support aware of this issue so they could make amendments to their firmware to counteract this, not saying they will though.

Regards, Kieran..

I'll definitely do that. It'd also be enough to have a firmware update that adds support for OpenVPN, many other routers support it already like 2765 which is basically the same as 2762.