DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection

• turbozilla
  • Topic Author
More
23 Apr 2021 10:12 #13 by turbozilla
Replied by turbozilla on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection
Draytek support got back to me and as far as the Vigor 2762 is concerned there is not plan to either make passwords longer or preferably support OpenVPN.

All consumer VPN services nowadays seems to enforce stronger credentials though, I assume the router is going to the bin :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mstokes
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2021 11:04 #14 by mstokes
Replied by mstokes on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection
(Clutching at straws!)
I haven't found a method to configure the username/password parameters via cli. However, there is a backup/restore option in the web interface and the resulting backup file is in plain text. Depending on where/how the limitation is enforced you just might be able to edit the backup file with the details obtained from NordVPN and restore that. The config profiles are one per line, comma separated. The user name is field 25 and the password field is 26.

• turbozilla
  • Topic Author
More
23 Apr 2021 11:26 #15 by turbozilla
Replied by turbozilla on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection

mstokes wrote:
(Clutching at straws!)
I haven't found a method to configure the username/password parameters via cli. However, there is a backup/restore option in the web interface and the resulting backup file is in plain text. Depending on where/how the limitation is enforced you just might be able to edit the backup file with the details obtained from NordVPN and restore that. The config profiles are one per line, comma separated. The user name is field 25 and the password field is 26.

The limit is not just on the interface as far as I can see. The error I'm getting when connecting is "not enough room in input packet for IKEv2 EAP Message Payload" which seems to indicate NordVPN is now sending packets with a bigger EAP Payload to accommodate for longer passwords and the router doesn't like it.

• snowberry
  • User
  • User
More
26 Apr 2021 12:38 #16 by snowberry
Replied by snowberry on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection

snowberry wrote:
Doesn't help those of us where the password length is limited to 15 characters in the Draytek inferface (2952 / 2962).

My response from support for the 2962 was that the password length issue had been raised with the developers and would be implemented in a future firmware.

• inspectorman
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2021 09:40 #17 by inspectorman
Replied by inspectorman on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection
Still some strangeness here with NordVPN. Previously a search would tell me my obfuscated location; now, although the connection management tells me I'm connected to a server somewhere near London, my real location is revealed at the bottom of the search results. This is on a PC with no pesky location settings enabled.

• inspectorman
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2021 09:57 #18 by inspectorman
Replied by inspectorman on topic Re: Vigor 2762 - NordVPN connection
Staring hard at the 8 million options I spotted although the link was up, no traffic was going through. VPN and Remote Access - LAN to LAN has a small tick box at the bottom; "Change Default Route to this VPN tunnel". Was unticked, now ticked, and we are back to an obfuscated location. And the annoying captchas, of course. DuckDuckGo is the answer to that.