DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2865: Latency introduced on LAN & WAN ports when using WebGUI

More
12 Jul 2021 11:25 #1 by pharcyder
Hi all,

I have a 2865ac running 4.3.1.1 connected to a symmetrical gigabit FTTP provider via WAN2.

Every time I access the WebGUI on my 2865, I see latency on the Router's LAN and WANs ports jump from <1ms and 7ms to respectively to high double digits and sometimes even 3 figure numbers. Just logging into the WebGUI is enough to trigger it. Changing any settings on the Router does the same. Even letting the Dashboard page refresh is enough to trigger the latency spikes on the LAN and WAN ports. This is causing issues on realtime activities like Video Conferences, gaming etc.

I am measuring latency using good old ping on a handful of ethernet connected devices (Macs, Linux boxes and Rpi4s) plugged directly into the 2865 pinging its internal IP, WAN2 Public IP and a small number of reliable external sites like 8.8.8.8.

With all the ping tests running in parallel, logging into the Router's WebGUI is enough to cause them all to spike up and the drop back down once the WebGUI pages have been.

I've tried downgrading to 4.2.4. Same problem. I've turned off as many options as I can on the Router (Firewall, Data Flow Monitor, Hardware Accelerator etc), same problem.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2021 12:58 #2 by admin3
You could contact support to get help with the issue - I've had a look at currently reported issues that the firmware team are looking into.

I think your problem has been has been reported already and relates to an existing issue with latency/packet loss, when accessing the management interfaces (TR069 + Web). I think it should be fixed in the next firmware release, since it affects a few facets of the router's usage / performance.

Forum Administrator

More
12 Jul 2021 14:37 #3 by pharcyder
Many thanks - I will raise a ticket to Support with the above text.

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jul 2021 16:32 #4 by j1mbo
The 2865 WebUI is also amazingly un-responsive when compared to the 2862, for example. Especially the WiFi.

• digitalis1
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jul 2021 12:05 #5 by digitalis1
I'm also experiencing this issue, having upgraded from a 2862 to a 2865 the web interface is painfully slow. I hadn't thought to do ping measurements but worrying that it affects LAN/WAN latency too.

More
19 Jul 2021 10:09 #6 by pharcyder
Interesting - I don't have a slow GUI generally speaking just lots of latency added to LAN & WAN ports when using the GUI....and I'm even seeing latency when the Router is doing certain activities when the GUI is closed. Rolling back to 4.2.1 helped a bit when the GUI is closed but still seeing the same high latency when the GUI is in use.

I have raised a ticket with Support on the issue. Unfortunately we haven't got very far yet (only 1 response from them in 7 days).