DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927ax poor performance with f/w 4.4.0

• craigski
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2022 12:06 #7 by craigski
Replied by craigski on topic Re: 2927ax poor performance with f/w 4.4.0
I logged a ticket with Draytek UK, they said 4.4.0 has not been officially released yet in UK, and I should wait until a version is on the UK website. They did send me a RC firmware, but I will wait until an official version is available.

We advise our customers not to compare or use the firmware from the .com website if your router was sourced in UK/IE. So the second line advised that you can use the firmware sent or you can wait the officially firmware to be availabe on the UK website.(No date for the official release).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iantoal
  • User
  • User
More
09 May 2022 17:52 #8 by iantoal
Replied by iantoal on topic Re: 2927ax poor performance with f/w 4.4.0
RC6?

craigski wrote:
I logged a ticket with Draytek UK, they said 4.4.0 has not been officially released yet in UK, and I should wait until a version is on the UK website. They did send me a RC firmware, but I will wait until an official version is available.

We advise our customers not to compare or use the firmware from the .com website if your router was sourced in UK/IE. So the second line advised that you can use the firmware sent or you can wait the officially firmware to be availabe on the UK website.(No date for the official release).

• craigski
  • Topic Author
More
09 May 2022 19:51 #9 by craigski

iantoal wrote:
RC6?

RC7a

More
12 May 2022 10:29 #10 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2927ax poor performance with f/w 4.4.0
Try turning off the Data Flow Monitor with 4.4.0 - I saw something similar where this firmware unlike previous firmwares, doesn't do HwAcc when the Data Flow Monitor is on (and that should work)

For the 4.4.0 'ax' vs 'ac' firmware - it looks like it's still ongoing but from the 4.4.0 firmware, the 'ac' & 'ax' firmwares are the same.
No need for separate firmwares anymore, so soon the 'ax' downloads section for the 2927 will be merged with the 'ac' model.

Forum Administrator

• craigski
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2022 11:26 #11 by craigski
Thanks for clarifying the different ac vs ax firmwares.

Will the official 4.4.0 UK have the data flow use HwAcc, same as 4.3.2ax version? If not why the regression?

More
12 May 2022 12:13 #12 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2927ax poor performance with f/w 4.4.0
For the Data Flow Monitor, it's just a thing I observed while checking out performance a couple of months ago with the Vigor 2766.

It looks like DrayTek have been made aware of it but there's not a resolution for that minor regression, just yet. The firmware makes a lot of changes to QoS functionality and other Hardware Acceleration features in general, so I think it should be fixed fairly quickly.

Forum Administrator