DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760 - WAN and ADSL enabled at same time?

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 May 2022 09:48 #1 by ctluk
Hi,

Is it possible to configure both the WAN port and ADSL port to be always on with the 2760 and separate the traffic via VLANs so the WAN traffic goes to VLAN1 and the ADSL traffic goes to VLAN2. I don't need load balancing or anything trick, I just need to be able to have both broadband connections terminating into the router.

Cheers
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
10 May 2022 01:50 #2 by hornbyp

CTLUK wrote:
Is it possible to configure both the WAN port and ADSL port to be always on with the 2760

The manual says "Yes".

and separate the traffic via VLANs so the WAN traffic goes to VLAN1 and the ADSL traffic goes to VLAN2. I don't need load balancing or anything trick, I just need to be able to have both broadband connections terminating into the router.

For inbound connections, that would just be down to the individual NAT mappings.

For outbound, I think Policy-based routing would achieve that (recognising the SRC address of the inbound packet and sending it to the appropriate WAN).

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 May 2022 09:22 #3 by ctluk
Thanks

More
11 May 2022 09:03 #4 by admin3
The SoHo routers such as the Vigor 2760 can only have one WAN set up as the 'Always On' WAN interface, any other WANs would be in the Backup WAN mode. Can't have two Internet connections connected at the same time on these models.

You need a Vigor 286x router if you want to have Ethernet WAN and ADSL/VDSL WAN active at the same time, or 29xx router if you need 2x Ethernet WANs that can be active at the same time. Then you can use the Route Policy rules to assign the WAN interface to each VLAN / group of IPs.

Forum Administrator

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
11 May 2022 11:59 #5 by hornbyp

admin3 wrote:
The SoHo routers such as the Vigor 2760 can only have one WAN set up as the 'Always On' WAN interface, any other WANs would be in the Backup WAN mode. Can't have two Internet connections connected at the same time on these models.

On page 47 of the manual , it says:

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
11 May 2022 16:02 #6 by hornbyp
I notice that the "Downloads & Resources" page for the 2760 says:

https wrote: This firmware is only suitable for Vigor 2760 models currently/already running 3.x.x firmware versions (aka 'DrayOS/Delight'). It is not compatible or suitable for Vigor 2760 models running firmware 1.x.x.

Is this a product that exists in two different 'flavours', with different functionality - like the Vigor 130 :?: