DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor router internet issues - Voip related?

More
14 Aug 2024 11:45 - 14 Aug 2024 11:48 #7 by SteveM84
Hi HodgesanDY, well so far I haven't actually had to reset/reboot as the link has come back up itself after a while varying from 6 hours to 3 days. It is currently down and no there is no-one who can reboot it for me but once it springs back into life I intend to set a scheduled reboot once a day in the hope that it is at least a workaround. To be honest I am fumbling in the dark with the settings so I assumed PPPoE was the right thing and as it worked first time I assume it WAS right, and the internet up/down indication could be ping rather than PPP but I have not tried that. What does your Virgin line need for authentication is it just done on MAC? BTW previously this router was very stable and reliable when on DSL.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2024 11:48 by SteveM84. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2024 12:24 #8 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: Vigor router internet issues - Voip related?
There are no special authentication requirements for the Virgin setup at this 2862’s location. Just put their modem/router in “Modem Mode” and set the Vigor WAN2 settings to Ethernet and Obtain settings automatically.

Detection mode is set to “Always On”
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveM84

More
14 Aug 2024 12:47 #9 by SteveM84
Maybe that's my problem then, the ONT is the equivalent of the Virgin modem so perhaps I don't need the PPPoE setting, I will try some variations once I can either get back in remotely or make a visit. Thanks

Moderators: Sami