Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Weird VPN Connection Problem

• brian_
  • User
  • User
More
07 Nov 2009 16:05 #13 by brian_
Replied by brian_ on topic Weird VPN Connection Problem
I'm not sure but it was definetly ok on earlier versions of the 2800s. Terrible no one seems interested in this one and I can't believe there aren't more complaints. I'm well aware Draytek is not Cisco but a dial-in VPN is now available on plenty low cost routers.
From the highs of the 2600 it seems that Draytek are heading backwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• s4vva
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
09 Nov 2009 11:18 #14 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Weird VPN Connection Problem

brian_ wrote: I'm not sure but it was definetly ok on earlier versions of the 2800s. Terrible no one seems interested in this one and I can't believe there aren't more complaints. I'm well aware Draytek is not Cisco but a dial-in VPN is now available on plenty low cost routers.
From the highs of the 2600 it seems that Draytek are heading backwards.

I couldn't agree more.

• s4vva
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
19 Nov 2009 10:32 #15 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic alternatives?
Draytek are now ignoring my emails, very unprofessional! So which routers is everyone else choosing as a replacement?

• spoff59
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2010 14:27 #16 by spoff59
Replied by spoff59 on topic Latest firmware solves problem?
I've had the same problem for the past year or so with all the 2820s deployed at my client sites. I connect the Remote User VPN successfully, then it drops out immediately and won't re-connect. If I first log into the web interface of the Router, the Remote User VPN then connects successfully and stays connected.

My clients don't seem to have the same problem connecting a Remote User VPN from their home broadband to these routers. Therefore I suspect it is something to do with having Drayteks at both ends, as the clients usually have ISP supplied routers at home.

Anyway to cut a long story short I've now got a 2820 with firmware 3.3.2.2 installed at one client and that works fine. Also I've just upgraded one of the problem 2820s to 3.3.3 and that one now seems OK. So you don't need to throw away all those lovely Drayteks!

• s4vva
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
02 Feb 2010 14:45 #17 by s4vva
Replied by s4vva on topic Re: Latest firmware solves problem?

spoff59 wrote: I've had the same problem for the past year or so with all the 2820s deployed at my client sites. I connect the Remote User VPN successfully, then it drops out immediately and won't re-connect. If I first log into the web interface of the Router, the Remote User VPN then connects successfully and stays connected.

My clients don't seem to have the same problem connecting a Remote User VPN from their home broadband to these routers. Therefore I suspect it is something to do with having Drayteks at both ends, as the clients usually have ISP supplied routers at home.

Anyway to cut a long story short I've now got a 2820 with firmware 3.3.2.2 installed at one client and that works fine. Also I've just upgraded one of the problem 2820s to 3.3.3 and that one now seems OK. So you don't need to throw away all those lovely Drayteks!

Good news for 2820's but still no fix for the 2800's.

• spoff59
  • User
  • User
More
19 Feb 2010 10:20 #18 by spoff59
Replied by spoff59 on topic Update to my previous post
Further experience suggests that this problem is not fully fixed in 3.3.2.2. However 3.3.3 is fine.