DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Nortel contivity "Banner Text" problem with 2820vn

More
11 Jun 2009 14:07 #7 by drewy
I'm still using v04_15.14 of the contivity client so we aren't exactly the same.

I use a number of global access points and ocasionally have problems with some of them, but this has always been down to the configuration of the nortel vpn gateways and nothing to do with the draytek or the client setup.

It's generally dangerous to make assumptions but I'm going to suggest that there must be some difference in the configs of the 2 gateways that you have tried conecting to...

There must also be some difference in the setup of the 2820 compared to the 2800. DO you have incoming icmp blocked?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• norman5007
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2009 16:32 #8 by norman5007
Drewy,

I guess you are right, there is a difference on the gateway site. I have exactly the same situation as uou described. Sometimes (I mean during my 2800 times) I had occasionally issues with some gateways. And then the following day it disappeared. Since the other gateway works for me I am ok for now.

When you say incoming ICMP blocked. I am having mostly the default settings on the 2820. The only place I could find ICMP was in the Ddos section. I block fragmented ICMP (whatever this means). But in previous trials a had all Ddos disabled which didnt make a difference.

Norman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.