• katwilson
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2010 13:14 #1 by katwilson
Lan To Lan PPTP was created by katwilson
Hi All

I followed the guide letter for letter in this link
Vigor - Example LAN-to-LAN VPN Setup
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/vpn_setup.html.

I have a connection and it is up (two vigor 2820). On both routers the connection management says well loads it up for ages and all good in green text.

So my problem is.

If i go to diagnostics, i can ping the server up at the office.

If i go to doss on PC it wont ping...

Thanks for any help.

PSS. if i kick off a vpn connection from the pc at home and not use the lan to lan link i have no probles what so ever.

PSSSS.

i do have a different info at bottom of lan to lan screen that the user guide.

RIP Direction (i have it set to disable)

From first subnet to remote network, you have to do ( i have route set)

Change default route to this VPN tunnel ( Only single WAN supports this )

not seleted.

[/b]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2010 14:30 #2 by danieln
Replied by danieln on topic Lan To Lan PPTP
Are you pinging by IP address?

Have you set the "remote network ip" on both routers in the correct format? like 10.20.30.0

Can you ping the remote router from your PC once VPN connected, rather than pinging the server?

• katwilson
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2010 15:31 #3 by katwilson
Replied by katwilson on topic Lan To Lan PPTP
thanks for this. step by step a.

yep to pining ip.

set networks to 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 (office) and 10.1.1.0 / 255.255.255.0 (other small office)

have tryed first off, ping 192.168.1.2 (servers fixed ip) from 10.1.1.0 location.

Ping via router digonigsts ok (I can ping any pc at office from 10.1.1.0 location like this), ping from pc nothing.

i have also pinged the other router (192.168.1.1) from 10.1.1.0 location and all ok via router digonigsts but not PC in doss.

hope this helps.

• katwilson
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2010 15:37 #4 by katwilson
Replied by katwilson on topic Lan To Lan PPTP
PS.

no firewall on at PC at small office so i think it is not the PC...

i do all firewall stuf through both routers, every thig is turn on to max.

i have not gone down the fire wall and port route as i can tel net (vpn via pc with user account) and all works fine from pc, its the lan to lan thing that is problem. Why would the router ping and the PC not ping.

More
04 Mar 2010 15:41 #5 by danieln
Replied by danieln on topic Lan To Lan PPTP
I have whats sounds like a similar setup with a 2950 and about 10 2820's and it works fine so it is odd, must be something simple.

on the main office site what default gateway have you got set on the server? is it the 2820 which is at its location?

More
15 Mar 2010 14:29 #6 by stueynoswad
Replied by stueynoswad on topic Lan To Lan PPTP
I have what sounds like the same issue.....

I have a 2800 and a 2600 that have been connected to each other via the LAN to LAN setup for some years.

On Friday the 2800 stopped seeing the internet connection under its current configuration so after some effort (and sweat) I resorted to resetting to factory defaults in order to see if the hardware was broken. Under its defaults it functioned fine so I reconfigured it from scratch.

I have set up the new LAN to LAN accounts and both are up and appear functional. I can send a ping from the 2800 to any device on the remote LAN (using the diagnostics tool), but no PC's or servers on EITHER LAN can ping items on the remote LAN....

I have done a tracert from going both ways and the last hop is the remote router - traffic does not get passed on from there.....

Any help is appreciated as I have an Exchange server on Each LAN that need to see each other! .... :?