DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor2800 to Netgear DG834 VPN. Possible?

• outonalimb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Sep 2010 12:38 #1 by outonalimb
We currently have LAN-to-LAN VPN's configured with Netgear DG834's. This works fine but there's a limit of 5 VPN's per device.

We would like to use a spare Draytek 2800G as the VPN server which all the other Netgear devices connect into.

The question is, is it possible to to have a Draytek to Netgear VPN?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2010 12:59 #2 by nigel pallett
Replied by nigel pallett on topic Draytek Vigor2800 to Netgear DG834 VPN. Possible?
Check out the application notes for Draytek to Netgear IPSec VPN configuration:

http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=207

• outonalimb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2010 09:37 #3 by outonalimb
Replied by outonalimb on topic Draytek Vigor2800 to Netgear DG834 VPN. Possible?
Thanks for the reply. Following the instructions got the VPN's working.

More
15 Nov 2010 12:14 #4 by njh
ignore

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

More
09 Dec 2010 03:12 #5 by callahan
Replied by callahan on topic Or not...
Hi,

I have been trying for the last 5 hours to get my DG834 to connect using a VPN to my work Draytek Vigor 2800. Before reading the article linked above, I had tried every single combination available to me by way of configuration. I have set up lots of VPNs before mostly through pfSense, Sonicwall and Netgear. My DG834 has a VPN connecting to another DG834 at present and it took me about 5 minutes to set up and it's not gone down yet. This (admittedly rather old) Draytek is a completely different story. Now I'm not knocking the Drayteks, they seem to offer huge features for their price and I'm hopeful that whatever doesn't work with my Draytek has been fixed in future releases but that being said, if anyone has a DG834 VPN'd to a Draytek Vigor 2800, could you please save my sanity and whats left of my hair and post the setup you have that works.
The error message that I'm getting logged on the Netgear is:
sending notification PAYLOAD_MALFORMED which essentially means that the passwords don't match. Well after painstakingly entering them too many times to count now, I can promise you that they do. Any ideas what else this error points to? Incidently, it would be nice if Drayteks logged to the backend GUI as the Netgears do....

Many thanks.

• outonalimb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Dec 2010 09:05 #6 by outonalimb
Replied by outonalimb on topic Draytek Vigor2800 to Netgear DG834 VPN. Possible?
You have probably looked into this but do the Draytek and the Netgear routers have the latest firmware on them?

Andrew