DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Route bbc.co.uk traffic through VPN

More
11 May 2011 12:15 #7 by d0bb1n
Replied by d0bb1n on topic Re: Route bbc.co.uk traffic through VPN
I'm looking to do something similar, but instead of routing via VPN based on destination address, I need to route via VPN based on protocol, and/or source IP address e.g.

Any FTP protocol packets go out over VPN1
Packets from IP 192.168.5.0/24 go out over VPN2
Anything else goes out over VPN3

Currently we are achieving this using bespoke linux builds, but with over 180 to maintain its become a nightmare. The DrayTek routers seem to come very close, in that they can identify the appropriate types of traffic, and that they support VPNs. But going by the manuals the DrayTeks seem to miss the glue that allows you assign identified objects to specific routes/VPNs.

Is it possible to do this with any of the DrayTek products ?

Thanks

Dobbs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 18:18 #8 by ngins
Replied by ngins on topic Re: Route bbc.co.uk traffic through VPN
Hi All, I *think* I am trying to do something simpler but maybe not. All I wanted to do is set up a tunnel to my Draytek 2130 at home from wherever I was in the world and then I assumed that outwardly faacing it would use my ISP UK IP and I would be able to use iPlayer etc when travelling.

All of the above thoery seems to work ok. I can set up the VPN and I am connected for all thrafic through that to my Draytek, the only problem is that I can see servers etc connected to the draytek but I cant get back out to the internet - it seems DNS always fails. Am I being a totoal idiot - I have internet connectivity once the VPN is set up but I dont seem to be abel to surf any external URL or IP.

Many thanks for any help and sorry if I am just being a total idiot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.