DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP700 intermittent connection

More
16 Nov 2010 09:13 #7 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic AP700 intermittent connection
I am also struggling with something similar I have a 2820n and an AP700. The 2820n is upstairs and the AP700 in the kitchen they are only 8
feet appart but its a very old house with very dense deadening in the ceilings! hence the AP700 to boost the signal. I am trying to stream spotify to the laptop in the kitchen and the connection keeps dropping. It is definatley to do with traffic on the connection it happens when the laptop tries to get more data from spotify. If i try to copy a file to the laptop at the same time it gets worse. Have got a small app in the side bar that tells me when pings to the AP, router and google are not responded to and it always goes red when you try and transfer data. The wireless n connection speed also significantly drops from 300 to the low 10s. Have tried moving the DECT phone base station away from the router but its no better. There are no other wireless networks in range either so i am at a loss as whats causing it to drop for a few seconds and then start again!

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.