DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n - problems connecting iPhone via wireless

More
25 Aug 2010 10:07 #13 by peterhurn
Replied by peterhurn on topic 2820n - problems connecting iPhone via wireless

Voodle wrote: That's good :) it's odd that you'd need to factory reset it to get it to work though, are the settings pretty much exactly the same as they were before?

Heh, I also just read to the end of the original post, I guess you already did try 3.3.3 :P

It was odd, the settings where exactly the same as before, I did try with 3.3.3 and that had similar problems, I guess the WLAN stuff is better in 3.3.4. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2010 13:49 #14 by leobalou
Replied by leobalou on topic DHCP address issues with Wifi
Since upgrading to the latest firmware 3.3.4 my wireless devices intermittently fail to get an IP address when connecting wirelessly. I use MAC address binding to IP address and there are some major issues. This is a known issue with this firmware - the UK support department advised me. A fix is being worked on (slowly it seems) - supposedly the workaround is to set the Wifi mode to non-mixed - i.e. set to 11g only. I have not had chance to test this. Seemingly there is an issue with the current firmware when using 11n modes.

If this workaround fails you could always set a static IP address on your wireless device.

Beta testing firmware not on the priority list it seems!!

More
26 Aug 2010 10:17 #15 by dkazaz
I have just upgraded to the latest firmware and my iPad connects just fine, holds the signal, doesn't disconnect...

My setup is 11n only, WPA2, MAC to IP binding, WMM disabled.

Only problem is the speeds are pretty poor (I can't tell exactly what speed it connects at, but trasfers from PC to iPad are very very slow).

More
26 Aug 2010 13:52 #16 by peterhurn
Replied by peterhurn on topic 2820n - problems connecting iPhone via wireless

dkazaz wrote: I have just upgraded to the latest firmware and my iPad connects just fine, holds the signal, doesn't disconnect...

My setup is 11n only, WPA2, MAC to IP binding, WMM disabled.

Only problem is the speeds are pretty poor (I can't tell exactly what speed it connects at, but trasfers from PC to iPad are very very slow).

I will run some tests on my configuration, I am running mixed mode at the moment.
I'll test with this and with your configuration and report back.

• jolley
  • User
  • User
More
21 Sep 2010 08:02 #17 by jolley
My brother in law has an iPhone 4, he connects fine to my wireless network but if he does a speed test via www.speedtest.net he only ever gets 1Mbps.

Other wireless and non-wireless clients on my network always get 5-6Mbps.

The iPhone 4 is the only wireless n device.

Using 2820n with 3.3.4.

Interesting that I've not had any other issues listed in this forum since upgrading to 3.3.4.

More
21 Sep 2010 09:20 #18 by voodle
Which wireless security is your network using? WPA or WEP might do that, although you shouldn't see low speeds if you use WPA2 security.