DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n - problems connecting iPhone via wireless

More
23 Aug 2010 09:57 #7 by voodle
It could be down to the phone/IOS? I'm still using 3.1.2 (on the phone :)) because anything later makes my phone pretty much useless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2010 10:18 #8 by peterhurn
Replied by peterhurn on topic 2820n - problems connecting iPhone via wireless

Voodle wrote: It could be down to the phone/IOS? I'm still using 3.1.2 (on the phone :)) because anything later makes my phone pretty much useless

Both devices work fine with the Netgear, in fact two Netgear's.

One of the reasons for purchasing the Draytek was for the wireless N support (for the iPad).

IOS on the 3GS is 4.0.1 and the iPad is 3.2.1

I'm going to try some other things tonight, factory reset, etc.

More
23 Aug 2010 18:17 #9 by peterhurn
Replied by peterhurn on topic Re: iPhone and iPad connectivity issues

peterhurn wrote: I received a Draytek Vigor 2820n on Friday; setup over the weekend went well. :)
I updated the firmware to 3.3.4.
I have chose to use WPA2 PSK for wireless which I used previously on a Netgear router, I typed the passphrase into both my iPhone and iPad, both connected and seemed fine, the iPhone and iPad no longer reconnect and have to be manually reconnected each session and have the passphrase retyped.
Does anybody know what the problem might be as the Netgear works fine, I retested on this afterwards. :?

Just restarted router and same problem, performed a factory reset as I had updated the firmware and the problems gone away so possibly some settings left from previous firmware, so if you have any problems note your current settings and try a factory reset after a firmware update. :D

More
24 Aug 2010 10:13 #10 by voodle
Have you tried the previous 3.3.3 firmware to check for any difference? I think they changed the wireless driver in 3.3.4

More
24 Aug 2010 11:07 #11 by peterhurn
Replied by peterhurn on topic 2820n - problems connecting iPhone via wireless

Voodle wrote: Have you tried the previous 3.3.3 firmware to check for any difference? I think they changed the wireless driver in 3.3.4

It's working fine now with the 3.3.4 firmware after a factory reset.

More
24 Aug 2010 14:06 #12 by voodle
That's good :) it's odd that you'd need to factory reset it to get it to work though, are the settings pretty much exactly the same as they were before?

Heh, I also just read to the end of the original post, I guess you already did try 3.3.3 :P