Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2011 20:35 #1 by roboughton
2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode was created by roboughton
Both units have the latest firmware as of 19/09/09

Well i tried to set this up in the pastbut failed so thought I would try again afterusing it in repeater mode i got sick of it switching LANs all the time

I followed the guide http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_wlan_AP700_WDS.html but it just doesnt work, i get that it can see the routers MAC on the 2820 and the satus is U, i can connect to the AP700 as the signal is high but I just cant see the network or the internet.

any ideas anyone?

Basicaly I want to have my WIFI signal repeated without all this hassel is it to much to ask?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2011 11:52 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode
It is possible to do it as i have done it in the past. A few tips:- if you have upgraded the firmware in the router its a good idea to set it back to factory default and reconfigure it. Secondly you need to reboot both the AP and the router then wait a few minutes to get it to work. Also try universal repeater mode.

Howard

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
20 Sep 2011 14:14 #3 by roboughton
Replied by roboughton on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode
When you say try universal repeater mode how do you mean as in running multiple SSIDs (I have done that and its anoying)? I think to call this item a repeater is not a good description as it only seems to work if you run it with a new SSID.

I like draytek stuff but they just dont make it easy to configure or work with other items in the draytek line up. Flaming anoying isnt the word thats for sure.

I have a AP-800 I need to configure for the inlaws and they have a BT router as the main box, how many bugs will i find if I even get it to work haha.

More
26 Sep 2011 12:12 #4 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode
Just a thought are you using another browser other than IE as the tool to configure the devices? Draytek stuff works best with IE. Did you factory reset and reconfigure your 2820 from scratch as the instructions on the latest firware versions say you must.

Howard

More
26 Sep 2011 15:30 #5 by frag
the problem is most likely due to the security settings on the router/ap. ensure that they are both using WPA2/PSK and AES.

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
28 Sep 2011 16:30 #6 by roboughton
Replied by roboughton on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode

Howard Simpson wrote: Just a thought are you using another browser other than IE as the tool to configure the devices? Draytek stuff works best with IE. Did you factory reset and reconfigure your 2820 from scratch as the instructions on the latest firware versions say you must.

Where does it say to reset to factory on the latest firmware it only says if functions arent working which all appear to be.

I have given in now and just set it back as a AP using the same SSID and a difrent channel, cant belive Draytek make it so dificalt to work with its other products. I love the kit when it works but fair play they know how to write bugs in.

AP800 in my other post is my next goal to get fixed for my inlaws.