Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode

• agentx
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jan 2012 14:45 #7 by agentx
Problem too i am pissed off!
Have just dropped nearly £1k on equipment and it will not work in any of my setups.
I will more than likely be returning all Kit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2012 15:31 #8 by roboughton
Replied by roboughton on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode

agentx wrote: Problem too i am pissed off!
Have just dropped nearly £1k on equipment and it will not work in any of my setups.
I will more than likely be returning all Kit.

What I have found with Draytek so far is you have to have the latest firmware and do full resets of your settings on most items and play around they do work in the end.

• agentx
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jan 2012 20:25 #9 by agentx
Thx for your reply @roboughton.
I have around 16 x 2820n and 8 x 2830n deployed.
So i am aware of all the quirks with firmware which frankly has always been a bit touch and go ( once stable i never update anymore too risky !) All equipment does generally get full reset and setup from scratch which for me can be a complete PITA as i have VPN accounts, site to site VPNs, IPsec and some complex VLAN setups.

It is overall the complete lack of proper concise "up to date" documentation who uses WEP anyway nowadays as WPA2-PSK(AES) is the standard to work from or RADIUS(I would not dare to try on Draytek). Hey i don't know it all but after 20 years in tech...i would expect to be able simple things like create WDS with the same hardware manufacturer, which is the reason i chose the AP-800.

For example i have one network with a 2830 ( Infinity and ADSL ) and 8 x Netgear WNAP320/WNAP360 in place with complex VLANS and hard wired uplinks and WDS in some areas....so i am no slouch.

If you want to want to break the UK market then provide decent customer support for your products.

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jan 2012 18:52 #10 by roboughton
Replied by roboughton on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode

agentx wrote: Thx for your reply @roboughton.
I have around 16 x 2820n and 8 x 2830n deployed.
So i am aware of all the quirks with firmware which frankly has always been a bit touch and go ( once stable i never update anymore too risky !) All equipment does generally get full reset and setup from scratch which for me can be a complete PITA as i have VPN accounts, site to site VPNs, IPsec and some complex VLAN setups.

It is overall the complete lack of proper concise "up to date" documentation who uses WEP anyway nowadays as WPA2-PSK(AES) is the standard to work from or RADIUS(I would not dare to try on Draytek). Hey i don't know it all but after 20 years in tech...i would expect to be able simple things like create WDS with the same hardware manufacturer, which is the reason i chose the AP-800.

For example i have one network with a 2830 ( Infinity and ADSL ) and 8 x Netgear WNAP320/WNAP360 in place with complex VLANS and hard wired uplinks and WDS in some areas....so i am no slouch.

If you want to want to break the UK market then provide decent customer support for your products.

I have 2x 2820s and a couple of AP800s in work and also one of each at home, as you say the VPNs are set up and its a right PITA to reset. when its working it works well but my god it takes them ages to roll a fix out. As you say if customer support was better i think they would sell alot more in the UK. maybe they do already so dont care who knows..

More
28 Jan 2012 18:12 #11 by blackhat72
Replied by blackhat72 on topic Re: 2820n and AP-700 not working in WDS mode
u tried this ? http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_wlan_AP700_WDS.html

Technical Consultant.

www.fahrenheit-it.com