• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2013 11:04 #7 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: How to simply block an IP
i think what may work to block other users going into router settings is this
1-
Log in to modem and change user name and passowrd at System Maintenance >> Administrator Password Setup
Change the deafult with your own
If others having the password change it again but remember when you dont use the draytek UI remember to log out manually or have always auto log out at white small box top left
I think with this way If will try to access the draytek UI should face the log in page asking for the new password

2-
try the System Maintenance >> User Password. Enable and set a passoword but not be the same as administration pass
I never used this feature and can not find info but guessing if some one will even log in may ask extra pass

3-
What may work best of all is this
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_wuimgt.html#accesscontrol
System Maintenance >> Management
Guessing disable management from internet will not allow any access apart the wired pc you using but to archive this then down page as the link says remember to let your pc ip (up to 3) to add it in there

with option 3 it may be good idea to just enable bind ip to mac and add your main pc or the other 2 want to register for access then add them at again at managemment page to have only them access

I am sure this should work 100% but of course wait for other members if they know something better

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dgeldard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2013 23:03 #8 by dgeldard
Replied by dgeldard on topic Re: How to simply block an IP
Apologies what I meant by accessing my router is getting onto it to gain access to the net etc. I don't need to change the admin password and don't want to change the WEP key.

• micklep
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
29 Jan 2013 10:51 #9 by micklep
Replied by micklep on topic Re: How to simply block an IP
Hi,

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=13

Scenario one should be easy enough to change to suit your needs. Also please note that you need to block the mac address (not the IP) as the IP address can change everytime they log off and back on, by using the mac address their laptop or PC will be contantly blocked. It will show them as accessing the wifi but won't allow them to do anything with it.

Let me know how you get on please.

• dgeldard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Feb 2013 06:44 #10 by dgeldard
Replied by dgeldard on topic Re: How to simply block an IP
Will this work with a 2710 series and if so where would I find it?
Thanks

• micklep
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
06 Feb 2013 09:36 #11 by micklep
Replied by micklep on topic Re: How to simply block an IP
Hi,

I am unsure with the control panel of the 2710. Assuming you have the same/similar options in the list, it should work. I would just give it a try when you have limited/no users connected and try and block your own devices mac address (assuming you have a spare laptop or tablet to try with)

If the instructions are different for the 2710, please post them here for future reference :)