DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n WiFi issue

• camplingri
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2013 03:44 #1 by camplingri
2860n WiFi issue was created by camplingri
I have a 2860n which is configured and connects through the ISP.

Issue I have is,my iPad and Samsung phone will not join the WiFi network, I put the passkey in and it thinks about it for a while
and then drops out.

I have the latest firmware and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and what they may have done to resolve it.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
10 Dec 2013 11:21 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue
what is doing the DHCP?
IIRC there was a bit of a bug with this but I thought it was sorted with the latest firmware - hopefully someone will correct me.

• ashp1980
  • User
  • User
More
10 Dec 2013 19:33 #3 by ashp1980
Replied by ashp1980 on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue
I have just bought the Vigor 2860n and all setup with BT infinity all my wifi devices connect including the iPhone 5 and can browse to web pages but if i put the phone into standby and wait for about a minute and browse to a website using the iPhone 5 nothing loads i just get the busy circle icon at the top i have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.0.3 this has no issue with downloading web pages thought it might be an DNS issue with the iPhone 5 but its not. has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve this problem?

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
10 Dec 2013 22:43 #4 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue
Hi all ... as mentioned try latest firmware ... is here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/v3.7.3.3/

Then try at LAN >> General Setup>>details page and set your DNS servers manually ... you can also give a go at WAN >> Internet Access>>details page & set at DNS Server IP Address manually is anyone using that page

• ashp1980
  • User
  • User
More
11 Dec 2013 17:03 #5 by ashp1980
Thanks babis3g for info will try later see how it goes.

• ashp1980
  • User
  • User
More
11 Dec 2013 19:43 #6 by ashp1980
Firmware is updated and DNS setting is set. still having issue with iPhone 5 after looking at the Station List under Wireless LAN i can see its connected and can browse on the iPhone but if i keep refreshing the station list after about a minute the iPhone disconnects then i can't browse any web pages. I know the iPhone 5 had wifi issues on iOS 6 but should be rectified by now on the iOS 7.0.4 any ideas anyone.