DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n WiFi issue

More
03 Jun 2014 18:37 #19 by fazzauk
Replied by fazzauk on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue
In case people have not seen from other posts. So far I seem to have been able to resolve my wifi issues along with others using following process:

1) Backup your config file from web ui
2) reset router using 30-30-30 method (while router is on, hold reset button for 30 seconds, keep the reset button on front held in and remove power cable for a further 30 seconds, then insert the power back in leaving the reset button held down for a final 30 seconds.
3) at this state the lights on front are probally flashing quickly. Then use the draytek firmware flashing tools (can find a copy on ftp.draytek.com.tw) to flash the latest non-beta firmware to the device using the default 192.168.1.1 IP and admin as the password. (This failed for me first time using windows 8.1 - seemed to run though fine the second)
4) when router comes back log in and restore backed up settings file.

So far, so good. No more drop-outs on mobile devices in particular.
Seems there may be an issue updating firmware using the web ui from multiple browsers.

I'll wait a bit longer to update their support teams but I suggest you all give this a go!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2014 12:31 #20 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue
As an aside, although it might be fun to let tit become an urban legend, there's no such thing as 30-30-30 on DrayTek routers (DrayOS). Apparently, it originated on DD-WRT routers from other mfrs. All you're doing is doing a factory reset (hold button whilst on) and then putting unit into TFTP mode (hold button whilst turning on).

Forum Administrator

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jun 2014 12:53 #21 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue

admin wrote: As an aside, although it might be fun to let tit become an urban legend, there's no such thing as 30-30-30 on DrayTek routers (DrayOS). Apparently, it originated on DD-WRT routers from other mfrs. All you're doing is doing a factory reset (hold button whilst on) and then putting unit into TFTP mode (hold button whilst turning on).

It sounds logical but then, it worked for some users ... so if there is not any 30/30/30 on draytek routers (which you are right) then i think draytek need to look their software when going into the uploader (utility tool or via WUI) must be something which is causing issues or maybe blocking the correct update

What i am trying to say by using the 30/30/30 all what users doing, is to reload via tftp the file 2nd or 3rd time which perhaps one of these times it took the file correct? i can be wrong but worth the technicians to look at?

Perhaps blocksize is below 512 of the utility tool or the WUI when updating? (newer tftp tools has over 2048 & up to 9000)
i mean if the tftp utility tool or the upgrade tool via WUI does have low value blocksize may cause errors or may cause issues such not work correct the firmware

More
05 Jun 2014 14:56 #22 by fazzauk
Replied by fazzauk on topic Re: 2860n WiFi issue
I think the important bit is using the flash tool (uses TFTP I presume) rather than the reset.