DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830 WiFi Issues...

• davida1992
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2015 19:21 #7 by davida1992
Replied by davida1992 on topic Re: Draytek 2830 WiFi Issues...
I will try again this weekend. I just know that the BT Hub can broadcast in the same place as the Draytek without any issues what so ever. This has happened with the Draytek 2830n that was going onsite, and then i also tried my own Draytek that i know 100% is working and that had the same issue so I know it is not a hardware issue with the Draytek.

I have updated firmware, tried turning off cordless phones and anything else I can find etc, but like I said, the BT hub can broadcast without issues in the same place so I am very confused.

Will see how things go this weekend I suppose!! :) Shall keep you all updated, are there any other things I can do with the draytek in order to get more detailed logging?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• davida1992
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jul 2015 23:06 #8 by davida1992
Replied by davida1992 on topic Re: Draytek 2830 WiFi Issues...
Getting a tad frustrated with this now :(

Took back onsite tonight, same issue, didnt even plug it into the network, just a ethernet cable to my laptop, configured it with default SSID and a password and connected another laptop and my phone to it. Changed the Channels on the other 2 Wifi AP's to 1 and 12 and put the Draytek on 6. Used my other laptop to monitor any SSID's it could see, most of the time it was just the one from the Draytek, now and again the other AP's would creep on but only at 1 bar because they are so far away. Like I said I have also tried turning these off but it did not help, the place is in the middle of nowhere in a large house with only fields around it, so no other broadcasts.

I could connect my laptop and phone and it would eventually disconnect them and dissapear, although on the laptop showing the SSID's in range, the draytek would always remain and never dissapear, but the laptop and phone would usually disconnect and the AP would dissapear.

On the phone it would connect sometimes for some time, then it would disconnect, show on the phone as "Saved", and when i try to connect again it would come up connecting....and then change back to Saved....

I have tried to remove any sort of device that could interfere such as a bluetooth card machine, British Gas Wireless transmitter, 2 Way Radios etc and still the same thing happens! The BT hub is fine, if it is in the same place it works perfectly, just the Draytek, tried 2 different ones, same model, but just has this issue onsite... I am so stumped!!

Anymore suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.