DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Ap900 ipad 5g connection problem

More
24 Jul 2018 20:33 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Ap900 ipad 5g connection problem
Not sure that I follow you - in the Security Settings page I have EAPOL key retry buttons for enable and disable. It was set on enable and I've changed it to disable. Are you saying that setting it to disable actually enables the function?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2018 22:26 #8 by x64
Replied by x64 on topic Re: Ap900 ipad 5g connection problem

Piste Basher wrote: Not sure that I follow you - in the Security Settings page I have EAPOL key retry buttons for enable and disable. It was set on enable and I've changed it to disable. Are you saying that setting it to disable actually enables the function?

I think I might have been doing my own head in there as well....

I think the confusion is sort of mine in this instance, but is founded off of that of others. this evening I was following up on a support reply I received today, and wondered if what I'd wrote earlier in the day actually made sense (and for various reasons I could not check back to find out). I think you've just confirmed that it does not.

Some people (including, possibly someone in Draytek support - though I did not pick him up on it at the time) had been referring to "Enabling" the option as changing it to the non-default (more secure) setting. The non-default setting (the right hand radio button in the UI line is correctly labelled "Disable" and seems to at least attempt to do what it says on the tin). buggering up my MBP's attempts to connect in the process....

I hope that gets across the facts of what I was trying to say, in an unambiguous way.....

More
02 Aug 2018 08:33 #9 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Ap900 ipad 5g connection problem
I think I understand :wink:

Interesting note for the 2862 3.8.9.2 firmware on the Taiwan site - "Corrected: The wireless device was able to connect to WLAN (2.4G). After disconnecting WLAN (2.4G), the device was unable to reconnect to WLAN (5G) and received error message of wrong security key."

Sound familiar?

• manicguitarist
  • User
  • User
More
03 Aug 2018 10:24 #10 by manicguitarist
Replied by manicguitarist on topic Re: Ap900 ipad 5g connection problem
Does indeed sound familiar.
I wonder if they will bring out an update for the AP900

• macximum
  • User
  • User
More
09 Aug 2018 18:15 #11 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: Ap900 ipad 5g connection problem

Piste Basher wrote: I think I understand :wink:

Interesting note for the 2862 3.8.9.2 firmware on the Taiwan site - "Corrected: The wireless device was able to connect to WLAN (2.4G). After disconnecting WLAN (2.4G), the device was unable to reconnect to WLAN (5G) and received error message of wrong security key."

Sound familiar?

I've loaded the latest firmware for my 2862 (3.8.9.2) and it changes nothing, it has still stuffed the wireless network and I get wrong password retries all the time.
I'm running iOS and Mac OS devices in the main, but with a lot of home automation kit that seems only be happy with 2.4GHz (therefore I have created a separate 2.4GHz only SSID for those).

I have a pure Draytek network of 2 x AP910c's and 1 x 2862ac all with the latest firmware and I have double and triple checked that the wireless settings match apart from the channel numbers. If I disable the wireless and substitute the 2862ac for another AP910c the network runs perfectly but this defeats the object of having such a premium grade router 'with' wireless!